• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2006 12:41 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2003
4772 posts
42 upvotes
that_staples_guy wrote:Yuck, I've seen them for sale at Soon Lee (chinese supermarket), disgusting. Not as disgusting as some Sri Lankan restaurants I've been to which serve intestine of mutton.

its probably not a real chinese supermarket if they dont sell intestines of various animals either... checkout the packaged items at NO FRILLS...from tongues to brains to intestines to hoofs.... its all meat i guess, just a matter of what one chooses to fancy
"Illegitimi non carborundum" --Latin Proverb

If you want to do something good for your soul, and your own sense of self-worth, help someone secretly and never tell them or anyone else, ever.

Hot deal?

:evil: AVOID ByoLogyc products such as ByoMate!
Deal Addict
May 7, 2005
2824 posts
51 upvotes
Try it before judging it.!

It aint delicious, but it aint gross either....

If there was more meat, damn I would eat it all the time!
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18196 posts
137 upvotes
GTA
tinlunlau wrote:i hate eating chicken feet but for some reason, i like drinking that chicken feet soup. (but i'd still take out the chicken feet before i drink it)
That's yummy too! My mom makes a pretty good one with ginseng and everything in it. I think it was ginseng, don't remember now it's been a while. :)

It's yummy because there is very little meat in it. As with anything the meat near the skin & bone always tastes the best. :cheesygri
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2001
5275 posts
31 upvotes
The only part of a chicken that I can never be able to deal with, yes due to visuality, is the chicken butt[/QUOTE]

You mean the Pope's Nose.

Chicken feet are scalded and the outer skin layer is removed. Very clean and then they are cooked. Very glutinous. My parent used to make them (Quebeckers)...I was never into these thing as I am part of the newer generation.
During the depression I bet they were very good.

Today we generally associate them with Asians who eat many parts of an animal and other species that many of us find uneatable.
If I had no other choice ..I would gladly eat them to stay alive.
I love chicken livers...gizzards...hearts....esp. chicken livers.
The idea of eating snake....tripe...eel...frogs legs doesnt appeal to me.

My fave is chicken ribs.....but man it takes a whole bunch and a long time to eat them :cheesygri
:twisted:
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
3732 posts
322 upvotes
Pickering, ON
jayisthebest88 wrote:Try it before judging it.!
Exactly. Some of the reactions in here are pretty hilarious...
Deal Expert
Oct 15, 2002
18196 posts
137 upvotes
GTA
BD006 wrote:Exactly. Some of the reactions in here are pretty hilarious...
ya, just like how they showed it on Fear Factor! Those "gwai lo" were freaked out! While the chinese guy goes "yum yummy .." Haha!
Dec 20, 2003
844 posts
2 upvotes
so u eat chicken legs and chicken wings but u dont eat chicken feet because it's gross :?: Pig intestines are actually quite expensive if u buy them at CHina town, and i guess people should try the food first before making a comment.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 8, 2002
5028 posts
460 upvotes
mrmoe wrote:i'm sorry but if you eat chicken feet then you are able to eat just about anything.

Question for the feet eaters, have you ever been in a chicken coop?

edit: my reason for not eating it is because it's effin disgusting.
I believe the rest of the chicken and not just their feet are in chicken coops as well. So do you not buy chicken with the skin on it? It's not like they're not washed with the rest of the chicken...

I'm guessing it's something based more on appearance rather than a realistic concern for hygiene. If you've ever had roasted chicken or duck from Chinese BBQ restaurants, did you know those birds are cooked and cut up with their rears?
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
1895 posts
112 upvotes
they're not delicious... they're not gross either... once in a while i eat them but usuallie i don't because it's just fat. hah

and just cause u eat chicken feet doesn't mean you eat everything...

i would NEVER eat snake... and i can't stand seeing tentacles of squid/octopus (unless it's fried and covered in batter)

and i'm sure chicken feet are more pleasing to eat than bugs
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2003
2357 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
I love 'em, and I'm not Chinese.

Actually, lots of cultures eat them. I'm Eastern European and my folks were very familiar with them. I also have a distant relative of my Wife who is Mexican and we have actually shared a big bowl of chicken feet together.

It seems be a thing against cartilage. My wife can't stand them, not because they're feet, but because she doesn't like cartilage. (she's one of these people that just picks at the meat of a chicken and leaves so much behind, there's plenty left for me. :) )

Now, if you want to talk about really nasty sounding foods:
(and I have eaten all of this stuff and have lived to tell the tale)

1. Fish heads
2. Tripe (that that's nasty!)
3. Blood Sausage. (YUM!)
4. Haggis (Also YUM!)
5. Duck's Blood Soup.

My point is, it's not just a Chinese thing.

--Pete
Remember: We elect the government we deserve.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2001
5275 posts
31 upvotes
Blood sausage....my parents used to cook (fry) this. It was ok.
I thought haggis was not considered to be very good....but I have not tried.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2001
5275 posts
31 upvotes
i would NEVER eat snake... [.........]

Oh yes you would....if your survival depended upon it.....I know I would and it would prob taste just delicious :)
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4988 posts
2 upvotes
alkapone wrote: Oh yes you would....if your survival depended upon it.....I know I would and it would prob taste just delicious :)
you'd even eat your best friend if you survival depended on it.