• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2006 12:41 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2003
1893 posts
112 upvotes
me! wrote:you'd even eat your best friend if you survival depended on it.
if you put it that way.. you'd probably eat parts of yourself too...
Sep 2, 2004
743 posts
15 upvotes
Oakville
yeah, i only like the ones served in dim sum places "fung jao" the reddish kind. mmm.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1153 posts
2 upvotes
kilarney wrote:I'm asian and I don't eat it. Not enough meat and its not appealing. Is eating chicken feet an asian thing or traditon?
I'm of Polish, Hungarian and German decent. My parents ate chicken feet when they were kids, as they didn't have lots of money so they ate all they could to survive.
They call me Monster.
Aug 11, 2005
625 posts
2 upvotes
Isn't chicken feet extremely high in cholesterol? I know chicken tips are bad for you and Chinese people eat them as snacks.
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12829 posts
1632 upvotes
Toronto
Keelie wrote:probably for the same reason i dont eat chicken heads.

no really, is there even any meat there?
the brains are there.. tastes alright.. lol pick it out with a toothpick :D and enjoy.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
40974 posts
4749 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
bananaman wrote:Isn't chicken feet extremely high in cholesterol? I know chicken tips are bad for you and Chinese people eat them as snacks.
they definately are! Remember your just basically eating skin.

as for the head? Eyeballs, and brains are pure lipids in nature. So its almost like pure liquid cholesterol :-0
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
1120 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
trixstar wrote:the brains are there.. tastes alright.. lol pick it out with a toothpick :D and enjoy.
This topic just gets better and better.... :D

I personally don't like chicken feet. The sight of those freaky toenails get to me.... Yet I have no problems watching other ppl eat it. Everybody has their own preferences.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1651 posts
2 upvotes
beer and wings no more!!

beer and chicken feet..
yummmm

oh dont forget intestines
pig intestines, chicken intestines
oh man so goodddddddd

so glad im born a taiwanese

Honda Integra iS: An unfair advantage
Aug 16, 2004
491 posts
24 upvotes
Vancouver
gawd....reading this thread makes me......hungry! :D
May 13, 2004
905 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver
Chicken feet is quite yummy. I've had frog legs and snake meat too, but this was in Asia. The funny thing is I found some bones in snake meat, which is kinda odd. Maybe it's rat meat and the vendor was selling it as snake meat hehe..
Banned
Sep 5, 2005
1052 posts
1 upvote
I've been to my Jamaican friends house and they had jerk chicken feet. it was very good. They also cooked curry goat a few times, goat head soup at the big events (also known as Mannish water). Cow foot soup too.

My Guyanese peoples eat chicken feet, pig tail-cowfoot in their pepperpot, and of course cook up rice.

I am Vietnamese and dated a Guyanese girl for a while so, i know.

Us Vietnamese basically eat the same things Caribbean people eat but, we cook em differently. WE fry less and steam more or lightly fry.

here's some Viet food= Curry Chicken w/cassava, tripe, oxtail either curried for rice/bread or steam stewed for noodles(rice noodles), cow foot soup (different from Caribbean peoples though), chicken feet in chilie hot sauce and soy sauce, bok choy, bitter melons, okra w/beef, gingered king fish or snapper, salt fish w/garlic and onions, um..... springrolls and noodles, theres so much more. Oh yeah Vietnamese banana fritters ( i think we got this from the Flips).

Theres over 500 Vietnamese recipes www.vietnamese-recipes.com
Banned
May 23, 2005
3038 posts
There's no denying they're tasty, but I can't be bothered with all those little bones...
"You don't get harmony when everybody sings the same note." -Doug Floyd
Aug 28, 2005
56 posts
1 upvote
Sounds tasty to tell you the truth, but cant bother with all that bones for so little meat. I usually get tired eating...lol

However if soemone was to clean it and leave only meat for eating....yumm!!
DJXP wrote:my saying actually means, if you eat ******/crappy things, then you are ******/crappy :-p

eat good quality foods & etc.
I would like to know the criteria for good quality vs crappy food and the reason behind the distinction!!
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2005
1489 posts
7 upvotes
chinese food = MSG.
MSG = growth stuntin' crap.