• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2006 12:41 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2005
1489 posts
7 upvotes
been vegetarian since december and lovin' in.

meat ain't that amazing anyways.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2005
9916 posts
23 upvotes
it's just really fat though and i don't need that lol.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2005
1928 posts
20 upvotes
Scarborough
but only for dimsum and in restaurants. I wouldn't eat those in the plastic tubs you find for sale in the oriental supermarkets; they always look like they've been there forever! Chicken feet, for anyone who has ever killed their own chicken, is covered with a yellow layer of ?? - we call them socks. You dunk the feet into boiling water, then strip off this layer, so they are quite clean.

Then again, I don't eat tripe ....
Deal Addict
Mar 17, 2004
4895 posts
316 upvotes
All you people who think its gross ( I don't eat them but I did when I was a kid, i don't like the red sauce ) What do you think chicken "hot dogs" are made out of? They aren't going to grind up some premium chicken breast for you. They probrably use chicken ass, chicken feet, chicken neck, and anything else you wouldn't dream of eating.
Banned
Sep 10, 2005
377 posts
just the thought of chicken feet is nasty!

eeeeew, mommy there's toe nails!
Apr 27, 2004
319 posts
3 upvotes
I used to not eat chicken feet aka "Fung Jeow" till this year..dunno tried it and it tasted different..but one pcs is enough...It prolly be my last resort on eating if it was on the menu @ Dim Sum, etc...
Aug 10, 2005
857 posts
3 upvotes
NYC
Personally, I find it quite delicious; I order any of the various types it's cooked when I go out for dim sum.

It's a matter of preference on whether you like it or not, but we always have to keep an open mind about other cultures. Sayign that it's disgusting and that you should not be associated with people who eat such things are quite naive and asinine. There are other dishes that prove to be delicacies in some cultures but are then again viewed as disgusting by others. In North America for instance, McDonald's and other fast food chains are looked as a staple or a treat while in other cultures it is just viewed as disgusting. My point is just to keep an open mind and try things before you make irrational comments.

Not all Chinese people eat puppies, hell they don't even eat puppies. In northern parts of China where protein is scarce, Chinese people eat special breeds of dog to get their protein; also it's often the lower classes who cannot afford pork or beef that eat dog meat.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4988 posts
2 upvotes
Maximaro wrote:Personally, I find it quite delicious; I order any of the various types it's cooked when I go out for dim sum.

It's a matter of preference on whether you like it or not, but we always have to keep an open mind about other cultures. Sayign that it's disgusting and that you should not be associated with people who eat such things are quite naive and asinine. There are other dishes that prove to be delicacies in some cultures but are then again viewed as disgusting by others. In North America for instance, McDonald's and other fast food chains are looked as a staple or a treat while in other cultures it is just viewed as disgusting. My point is just to keep an open mind and try things before you make irrational comments.

Not all Chinese people eat puppies, hell they don't even eat puppies. In northern parts of China where protein is scarce, Chinese people eat special breeds of dog to get their protein; also it's often the lower classes who cannot afford pork or beef that eat dog meat.
oooooh kayyyyyyy. . . . :| :| :| :| :|
Banned
Sep 5, 2005
1052 posts
1 upvote
oxtail is actually cow tail. most "oxtail" you find in a Caribbean restaurant or Asian eatery is actually cow tail.

I don't know why people in general call it oxtail. its really cowtail. honestly.

oxtail is good though, i mean cowtail?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2001
5275 posts
31 upvotes
Oni-kun wrote: What do you think chicken "hot dogs" are made out of? They aren't going to grind up some premium chicken breast for you. They probrably use chicken ass, chicken feet, chicken neck, and anything else you wouldn't dream of eating.
I had done my best over the years to forget the gory details....just when I get out...they pull me back in. :cheesygri

Chicken ass=popes nose....sounds better.
Chicken necks are quite good....just a bit tedius to eat... tender...good flavour.

The probably use a lot of dark meat.
Think about it...most of the chicken is useable....and good. They dont use anywhere near what beef dogs might have....or bologna.
Dont know if they would use the liver...different flavour.
:twisted:
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2005
1576 posts
148 upvotes
It's all psychological. You may think it's gross, but what about sausages, huh?

Sausages are made from miscellaneous meat that is wrapped inside intestine. Last time I checked, bodily waste flowed through the intestine... :razz:

Um, so yeah, shouldn't sausages be "ewww" too...?
Aug 4, 2004
762 posts
Redflagdeals_is_the_best! wrote:i dont even lick a girls feet/toes if she asks me to

why the hell woudl i go and EAT a chickens foot. WEIRDO.
But are your girl's feet braised in "special sauce"?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2001
5275 posts
31 upvotes
GT108 wrote:But are your girl's feet braised in "special sauce"?

Probably 'toe jam' :cheesygri

Redflagdeals_is_the_best!....don't make me go back there.. :lol:
:twisted: