Why the HDD Size Difference - Advice
0. Right clicking properties inside File Explorer of each Drive letter show: Capacity to be 2.72 for both drives.
1. Windows Explorer shows Drive 1 = 176 GB Free of 2.72 TB
2. Windows Explorer shows Drive 2 = 288 GB free of 2.72 TB
3. Based on above, Drive 2 is not as full as Drive 1... but...
4. I am actually using Drive 2 to do a full backup of Drive 1 so... Drive 2 should be either equal or more full since the backup software does not delete any files if it only exists in the destination (Drive 2).
5. Selecting all files and folders on Drive 1 then right clicking to >> Properties show: 2.34 TB used
6. Selecting all files and folders on Drive 2 then right clicking to >> Properties show: 2.37 TB used
7. So why would Properties of selected files and folders show similar TB used (2.34 vs 2.37) but free space shows 176 GB vs 288 GB (about 110 GB difference)?
What is causing this discrepancy?