Shopping Discussion

Why the heck isn't there a good seatview page for ACC?

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 14th, 2018 3:28 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 3, 2008
499 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto

Why the heck isn't there a good seatview page for ACC?

I can find photos for Leafs/Raptors games, and then again for a handful for sections during concerts.

But I need a one-stop site where I can see concert views from every section. It's crazy that ACC doesn't offer this themselves, but you'd think at least seatgeek would be on it by now.
6 replies
Apr 25, 2011
299 posts
113 upvotes
Because every concert is different so it would be impossible and impractical to provide you with a view.

A majority of shows have your traditional "end zone" setup, but depending on their stage and production setup, the view from any section near the stage would vary from show to show. Some shows also have a smaller floor section (where the stage is moved further in from the end of the arena) so that would change your seat view. There are also some concerts that have the end zone setup but have 360-degree seating or shows where the stage is in the middle of the floor.
Deal Fanatic
May 31, 2006
5832 posts
371 upvotes
Toronto
As ticky mentioned, it's due to different set ups for each concert. I've worked there in ticketing for many years and it varies. They also have sections that they don't open up until later on as well as partially obstructed sections that they open up when the venue is pretty much sold out. They also don't set up the stage and decor until roughly the day of the show because of the tight schedule the venue is on.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2009
5845 posts
1169 upvotes
Toronto
It could also depend on the show promoter and how familiar they are with the venue. I remember wrastlin' shows the view, which sections are used, floor seats, everything relative to ring and stage at acc.
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
[OP]
Mar 3, 2008
499 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks!

I still think you could give a rough guide. Some other venues (admittedly dedicated concert venues like Molson/Budweiser, Massey, Roy Thomson) show you a preview when you hover over your seat choice. ACC should really do the same.
Apr 25, 2011
299 posts
113 upvotes
The "rough guide" is just looking at a Leafs or Raptors map and picturing the stage at the east end of the stadium.

Again, every concert is different. If ACC put up a rough guide, they would have people complaining that they had an unobstructed view according to the seating map but on the night there is a speaker or set piece blocking their view of half the stage.