Shopping Discussion

Why is LCBO inventory management so bad?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2022 11:24 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
19017 posts
13878 upvotes
Markham

Why is LCBO inventory management so bad?

Looking for some SAKE and everything on the website says X - UNAVAILABLE to everything...no home delivery, no deliver to store, no inventory

I recognize there are supply issues but this is their website. I already tired to "refine you selection" and select INSTORE ONLY and everything shows up as UNAVAILABLE...shouldn't it only show the items that are avaialable?

End rant.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
11 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 2, 2002
1720 posts
529 upvotes
They switched inventory management software in 2021 or 2021, they haven’t worked out the issues yet.

Not having stock is one thing, having stock and not being in the right place is worse.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
23958 posts
23052 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
@gr8dlr
Ok, I had to take a lol
First time I have seen that happen …

We’ve always had good luck with LCBO Online Inventory
Be it to locate a store that has what we want in stock
Or to place an order for Curbside Pickup - Delivery to Store - or Delivery to home

Up til now …
We’ve LOVED the Inventory option of
SELECT A STORE
Or
CHECK ALL STORES

Never had a technical issue
(Lol except for when our local has run out of something … then “technically” that’s a PITA if we have to drive elsewhere for stock )
[OP]
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
19017 posts
13878 upvotes
Markham
Kenneth wrote: They switched inventory management software in 2021 or 2021, they haven’t worked out the issues yet.

Not having stock is one thing, having stock and not being in the right place is worse.
They should put a bar scanner at the front of the stores so when the thieves leave they store they can make sure to update the inventory and smash the LIKE button.

Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7728 posts
3045 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote: Looking for some SAKE and everything on the website says X - UNAVAILABLE to everything...no home delivery, no deliver to store, no inventory

I recognize there are supply issues but this is their website. I already tired to "refine you selection" and select INSTORE ONLY and everything shows up as UNAVAILABLE...shouldn't it only show the items that are avaialable?

End rant.
I think there must be a sake shortage. I buy it for cooking and have had to go to multiple stores to find any. The staff seem to know there is not much sake around, one remarked it was ongoing since last summer.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
19017 posts
13878 upvotes
Markham
bonterra wrote: I think there must be a sake shortage. I buy it for cooking and have had to go to multiple stores to find any. The staff seem to know there is not much sake around, one remarked it was ongoing since last summer.
Did u find some then?

Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7728 posts
3045 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote: Did u find some then?
That was about a month ago. I found two bottles. I'm now down to the last of it and can't find any more.

I'm thinking I'll substitute a very light and dry Sauvignon Blanc or Trebbiano Chardonnay.
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
23958 posts
23052 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
bonterra wrote: I think there must be a sake shortage. I buy it for cooking and have had to go to multiple stores to find any. The staff seem to know there is not much sake around, one remarked it was ongoing since last summer.
I did a GOOGLE = Sake Shortage

Indeed seems it’s a thing. A bit of a perfect storm complicated by many elements :
Climate issues affecting growing season - The Pandemic and all that falls out from it … Labour Issues, Transportation & Distribution etc

Looks like this situation has been growing since before Covid
Its just come to an unprecedented head now
[OP]
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
19017 posts
13878 upvotes
Markham
bonterra wrote: That was about a month ago. I found two bottles. I'm now down to the last of it and can't find any more.

I'm thinking I'll substitute a very light and dry Sauvignon Blanc or Trebbiano Chardonnay.
I also use dry vermouth which is a fortified wine [Nigella kitchen pantry item used in place of wine].

[OP]
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
19017 posts
13878 upvotes
Markham
PointsHubby wrote: I did a GOOGLE = Sake Shortage

Indeed seems it’s a thing. A bit of a perfect storm complicated by many elements :
Climate issues affecting growing season - The Pandemic and all that falls out from it … Labour Issues, Transportation & Distribution etc

Looks like this situation has been growing since before Covid
Its just come to an unprecedented head now
Feb/21 story...this article said there was a surplus of rice. LOL

https://asia.nikkei.com/Business/Food-B ... its-demand

I think sake is supply problem which has been precipitated by demand/"taste" change. Less ppl are drinking Sake so they make less and they shift that rice to other types of alcohol. The Japanese Sake industry has to market and make the drink "cool" and get the new younger generation to re-embrace the old drink.

I'll keep looking.

[OP]
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
19017 posts
13878 upvotes
Markham
They must have just got a shipment. Location near my work [Hwy 7 and Woodbine] has 306 units!

https://www.lcbo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/ ... jIAktXMLb0

I'll confirm stock is there at lunch time. UPDATE:. tons of this sake in the store noted.

sake Capture.JPG

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)