Automotive

This is why you stay away from Uhaul drivers.

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 28th, 2021 2:33 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
4519 posts
486 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area

This is why you stay away from Uhaul drivers.

33 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
1546 posts
941 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
At least he got a free wash out of it.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
29631 posts
15449 upvotes
Toronto
wow. what was this guy thinking ? He must have caused like $100K or more in damages easily to the building, not even counting to the damage done to the rental.
Feb 17, 2004
519 posts
183 upvotes
I stay away from Uhaul or moving truck renters whenever on general principle. Most Uhaul renters are just regular people with only G driver licenses. They have very little experience driving large trucks and can make a lot of mistakes when renting them.

I've driven RVs and larger trucks for over 30 years and it takes a lot of practice and experience to protect you from making mistakes.
Jul 24, 2008
165 posts
151 upvotes
what in the world???? If he had just backed straight out he would've cause minimal damage. Holy crap
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2015
1023 posts
1183 upvotes
Canada
Thanks for the heads up OP and reminding as well.

I rented one (bigger one) long time ago when I first move. I said never again. Would just pay for movers.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
3368 posts
2893 upvotes
Toronto
STIFanatic wrote: what in the world???? If he had just backed straight out he would've cause minimal damage. Holy crap
That is exactly what I was thinking. This person is obviously pretty dim-witted.
Jan 13, 2007
515 posts
398 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
It's like a toddler who is adamant the rectangular block will eventually go through that square hole.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2008
12436 posts
8944 upvotes
Edmonton
woofster wrote: It's like a toddler who is adamant the rectangular block will eventually go through that square hole.
Ah, that reminds me of this video...

I don't know how many times I've watched this video, but I laugh every time. But sometimes the round block DOES go through the square hole!

C
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
5926 posts
2780 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like he learned to drive from watching Jeremy Clarkson videos.
Deal Addict
Jul 16, 2019
1068 posts
488 upvotes
I was in Vancouver on business a few years back and a Uhaul renter took out the street lampost in front of the Uhaul office on the way out of the lot.
Jan 8, 2015
401 posts
343 upvotes
Mississauga
The only thing better is watching it with audio

Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2011
1890 posts
543 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
He was trying to run, after the first hit, panicked and more panic.

Unfortunate Auto insurance is worse than a subprime mortgage, it bring panic into life rather than peace in mind.
<No political content in signatures>
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
1890 posts
907 upvotes
Ontario
The guy in this video is an idiot as they didn't even get out to see if there might have been clearance for the sign let alone anything else. fwiw that dirty water coming out at first is rust in the lines.

I hate to admit this (though it wasn't my fault.) I rented a pickup maybe 20yrs back with a large rack on top for a week to move some stuff. I had to go to Old City Hall courthouse and I drove up to the clearance sign hanging from the roof to make sure I had clearance like I should be doing, and sure enough I was ~1.5" from the sign. So figuring I was ok, I drove in, turned the corner, and promptly knocked a 4' florescent light fixture in a grill box totally off the ceiling and it landed in the bed of the pickup! I backed up and the guy from the guard house walked over and said nothing and just pulled the light out of the bed and walked away and leaned it up against the guardhouse! There didn't seem to be any damage to the rack so I parked in a spot that was thankfully empty very close, and when I was done the guard let me out the entrance gate, again not saying anything even after I apologized.

There is another interesting story of my walk thru that same garage too, with a bigger lady getting wedged between her vehicle and the one next to it and asked me to help her, but I'll save that for another day, lol... ;)
·Ï¢årµ§·