• Last Updated:
  • Feb 6th, 2021 1:19 am
Tags:
[OP]
Member
Sep 15, 2018
439 posts
90 upvotes

WiFi Camera

Hey guys,

I’m looking to buy a WiFi camera for the house, something basic and simple.

For anyone that already has one, do we have to be connected to the same WiFi network to view live or would I be able to view from somewhere else with internet such as from work?

Couldn’t find the answer online.

Thanks.
6 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 25, 2003
16566 posts
5040 upvotes
Markham
Kyle12345 wrote: Hey guys,

I’m looking to buy a WiFi camera for the house, something basic and simple.

For anyone that already has one, do we have to be connected to the same WiFi network to view live or would I be able to view from somewhere else with internet such as from work?

Couldn’t find the answer online.

Thanks.
If it has an cell phone App you can view it anywhere
are you looking for indoor or outdoor camera?
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 24, 2007
1660 posts
2064 upvotes
BC
Inexpensive and very popular: Wyze v2 webcam.

You can view through Wyze app on phone/tablet or desktop from anywhere through internet.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Mar 25, 2003
16566 posts
5040 upvotes
Markham
WetCoastGuy wrote: Inexpensive and very popular: Wyze v2 webcam.

You can view through Wyze app on phone/tablet or desktop from anywhere through internet.
Wyze 3 is much better wyze-cam-v3-out-usa-preorder-19-99-usd-2413481/
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
[OP]
Member
Sep 15, 2018
439 posts
90 upvotes
Keigotw wrote: If it has an cell phone App you can view it anywhere
are you looking for indoor or outdoor camera?
Thanks for the quick response. Yes the ones that I have seen so far all have apps to use them with.

I’m looking for indoor.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)