• Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2021 5:45 pm
[OP]
Aug 9, 2014
126 posts
117 upvotes
Oakville

[Amazon.ca] wifi garage opener (not apple homekit ver...) $37.49

Limited-time deal: Refoss Smart Wi-Fi Garage Door Opener, APP Control, Compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant, No Hub Needed, White https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07PM59X4J/ref ... UTF8&psc=1
Last edited by Mars2012 on Apr 28th, 2021 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added link
78 replies
Mar 18, 2007
350 posts
138 upvotes
Edmonton, ab
I bought the HomeKit one and I HomeKit was lacking for control. I ended up using the Meross app and it’s been very good.
Pros:
Sensor confirms if the door is open or closed in the app
You can set notice for every open or close as a notification.
Can set the door to close after being open for a set time or send you a warning. Same for a certain time of day.
Can be set to give a warning beep when closing to alert.
Nov 21, 2011
77 posts
117 upvotes
Scarborough/Markham
Any idea if this works with SmartThings?
Sep 4, 2014
30 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto, ON
o1solstice wrote: Any idea if this works with SmartThings?
It does. I ordered it in during the last sale. This is just a rebranded meross opener. Instead of downloading the refoss app you can sync it through meross app and add it to Smartthings.
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
1051 posts
927 upvotes
Does this version work with both IOS and Android? Offering a HomeKit version confuses me.
Jun 14, 2006
664 posts
142 upvotes
Winnipeg
How is this one different from Homekit version?
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1627 posts
298 upvotes
Bought the last time few weeks ago for $50. Would Amazon price adjust?
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2004
9723 posts
2377 upvotes
Montreal
Kitana wrote: How is this one different from Homekit version?
This one doesn't work with Homekit, the Homekit version works with Homekit. That's the only difference.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2008
1944 posts
156 upvotes
Toronto
bobor wrote: Bought the last time few weeks ago for $50. Would Amazon price adjust?
Nope. Just rebuy and return.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
5937 posts
343 upvotes
Vancouver
Some garage door openers have a lock function so that remotes won't open the door until you press the unlock/lock button again.

Can this bypass that?
Apr 8, 2007
336 posts
126 upvotes
Still looking for one that will not ask for a password when opening.

What's also not clear is if Google is aware of the state. If I say close the garage door and it's already closed, does it open it?

I've been just using a simple wifi switch but really want google to know the the state. As right now it's just a flip flop. If the garage is closed and I tell it to close it will open it.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2009
3755 posts
1646 upvotes
Grimsby
Narci wrote: Some garage door openers have a lock function so that remotes won't open the door until you press the unlock/lock button again.

Can this bypass that?
One of my garage doors has a locking function - but it seems to be triggered by the opener (its wired like an accessory from the opener itself). This Refoss/Meross device when wired into the opener (usual install) does trigger my opener to unlock/lock as expected prior to opening the door.

Not sure if this is the type of lock you’re referring to though..
Deal Fanatic
Mar 4, 2006
6230 posts
2087 upvotes
Calgary
I have had this a couple months, not really impressed with it, cant get state through alexa (announce when open), cant open it with alexa, kinda useless, ended up having to add a contact sensor to the door which seems kinda redundant, the only thing i use it for is the widget on my phone.
Sep 16, 2010
904 posts
334 upvotes
Toronto
I have the purple learn button and reading the previous thread, it seems like I don't need the additional accessory. However, on Amazon product page, it said we will need to email them for additional accessory. Anyone with purple button can confirm? Thanks a lot!
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
2285 posts
483 upvotes
York
torspiker wrote: I have the purple learn button and reading the previous thread, it seems like I don't need the additional accessory. However, on Amazon product page, it said we will need to email them for additional accessory. Anyone with purple button can confirm? Thanks a lot!
I can confirm that my opener has the purple button and I simply connected the wires to the left most terminals and it can open the garage door as many others have posted in the other thread. I emailed them for the accessory as I thought it was required but I was able to get it to work without the accessory which is essentially a spare remote with two wires connected to pair with the wifi module.
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Nov 17, 2013
154 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto, ON
i bought this last sale, and i must say it works very well. My old craftsman opener was apparently not compatible, but it comes with a loose wire to short/jump the circuit and see if it works. I had a purple button, and didn't need anything extra.

If I'm being honest, i do worry about security. Not exactly a reputable brand, and IoT devices can be weak points in a home network.
Sep 16, 2010
904 posts
334 upvotes
Toronto
The Destroyer wrote: I can confirm that my opener has the purple button and I simply connected the wires to the left most terminals and it can open the garage door as many others have posted in the other thread. I emailed them for the accessory as I thought it was required but I was able to get it to work without the accessory which is essentially a spare remote with two wires connected to pair with the wifi module.
Thank you for your confirmation. Will try it out when it arrives. Have a great weekend!