Cell Phones

Will accepting Fido free 5GB data offer change my current plan?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 4th, 2023 2:27 pm
Mar 22, 2019
109 posts
55 upvotes

Will accepting Fido free 5GB data offer change my current plan?

Hi all, I'm on a 2022 Black Friday BYOD $30/20GB, unlimited talk & text plan with 1,000 free LD minutes to selected countries which last for 15 months, I just wonder if I'll lose the free LD minutes if I accept this free 5GB offer?

Chatted with Fido FB agent and he told me it will not affect my current plan details, just free 5GB data added.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2009
2792 posts
419 upvotes
Mississauga
It should not affect your account, except that you getting 5GB on top of your data Smiling Face With Open Mouth

An "Exclusive Offer" online?
Mar 22, 2019
109 posts
55 upvotes
win-star wrote: It should not affect your account, except that you getting 5GB on top of your data Smiling Face With Open Mouth

An "Exclusive Offer" online?
Should be. It's not available in Fido's app but popped up when I logged in to my account on its website.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2013
1982 posts
1028 upvotes
Vancouver
I would call or do chat with them. Chat would be better as you can screenshot/send the chat history back to yourself. If afterwards they change your plan even though the agent said no (give you the wrong info) you have it in writing that's not case. If Fido refuse to honor their promo even when you have prof you can file it with CCST.

Is easy to force Fido to keep their promoise as long as you have the prof for it.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2006
5351 posts
2459 upvotes
What's the terms and conditions on the offer say?

I have two separate, though the same, bonus 5GB/month offers on my account. They didn't affect my existing plan. The offers specifically said this.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2007
1677 posts
726 upvotes
It should not affect your account! You just gain 5Gb on top of your 20Gb data.