Computers & Electronics

Which will be the best 27" Computer Monitor?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 17th, 2019 11:10 am
[OP]
Jul 14, 2019
5 posts
1 upvote

Which will be the best 27" Computer Monitor?

Hello All, I am looking forward to buying a new computer monitor for myself. My previous monitor is a 20" Samsung, now I am planning to get a bigger one. My preferred size is 27". Now I have been doing some research to buy this new monitor. I don't want to go above $200. I am a web developer, I do some designing stuff too and video editing. I don't want to buy something that released long ago, looking for something new recent release which will have most of the current technology in it (whatever $200 can buy). After watching some comparison videos between IPS, TN, VN tech, I really liked IPS. Still, I am open to suggestions. Thank you.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2008
3921 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
Well looking at places like Canada computers, 27" monitors for $200 is possible if you find a sale. IPS is what you need if you are designing as you want accurate colours from different angles.

Are you looking for 1920x1080 (also written as FHD - Full HD) or a higher resolution? From what I have seen, the 27" models running FHD are IMO usually "stretched" for lack of a better word. I have always found that a 24" running FHD was a better fit (this is possible on a $200 budget).
Nothing to see here...keep looking.
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
2823 posts
540 upvotes
On a $200 budget.. perhaps you can look for a used one ? Definitely an IPS for web design/editing/ "work" stuff.
[OP]
Jul 14, 2019
5 posts
1 upvote
Thank you for your reply. I found couple of models but I guess I can't share the links here but I will post the models here. Which is under $200 budget

HP 27m 27" Black FHD IPS Monitor - 5ms HDMI VGA
ASUS 27" FHD 60Hz 5ms GTG IPS LED Monitor (VZ279HE) - Black
Acer 27" Ultrathin FHD 75Hz 1ms GTG IPS LED FreeSync Gaming Monitor (HA270) - Black
Dell 27" FHD 60Hz 8ms GTG IPS LED Monitor (SE2719H) - Piano Black

I narrowed down to them. Now just can't decide which one to go for. Please jump in with your likes and dislikes about these monitors, which will help me to choose one. Among them my preferable one is the HP but can't find any review about it as its pretty new.

Zero1 wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 11:47 am
Well looking at places like Canada computers, 27" monitors for $200 is possible if you find a sale. IPS is what you need if you are designing as you want accurate colours from different angles.

Are you looking for 1920x1080 (also written as FHD - Full HD) or a higher resolution? From what I have seen, the 27" models running FHD are IMO usually "stretched" for lack of a better word. I have always found that a 24" running FHD was a better fit (this is possible on a $200 budget).
[OP]
Jul 14, 2019
5 posts
1 upvote
Thanks for your reply. I am also planning to go for IPS but not planning to buy something used as I want to use this monitor pretty hardcore and don't want to invest on something that has 50/50 chance of dying on me soon.
coilz wrote:
Jul 16th, 2019 12:52 pm
On a $200 budget.. perhaps you can look for a used one ? Definitely an IPS for web design/editing/ "work" stuff.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2008
3921 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto
You might not be able to post links because you are still new to the forms.

Do you need any specific video ports? Some times that ends up being the deal breaker but it seems they all have an HDMI if I am not mistaken.

The Acer one is a gaming variant so if you have plans for that, its a good choice.
My friend uses the Asus one at work and he hasn't complained about the monitor (i am ignoring his comment about resolution which you are fine with).
Dell usually makes good monitors and I can't comment on the HP.

It will come down to preference in the end. If you can see these monitors up close, your decision will be a lot easier for sure.
Nothing to see here...keep looking.
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
11491 posts
1314 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Don't get hung up with "IPS = accurate colours". Look for % of sRGB/Adobe/whatever_colourspace. I doubt $200 is going to get you a wide gamut 27" monitor.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 23, 2008
9509 posts
5917 upvotes
Edmonton
For me, the benefits of a 27" monitor would be lost if it was a 1080p resolution. I'd save up for another few months to get a 1440p or 4k monitor. Otherwise get a better quality 24".

Speaking as someone who uses a computer 8 hours per day to do data engineering and BI work.

C