Tags:
None
21 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 1, 2003
20900 posts
3354 upvotes
YUL
BB and FS are the same company, jsut operated as separate entities. Yes they will PM each other.
Dec 6, 2004
85 posts
yes, they do--i wanted to buy a DVD player at BB that was on sale--only had the display unit left. so i went to FS and they PMed it. of course, i brought a printout out of item and highlighted all the conditions for a PM (in stock, from canada, etc.). the process went smoothly, but that was expected since it is owned by BB. if it were a different retailer, i'm sure it would've been more of hassle (based on that numerous PM "nightmares" at FS posts i've seen).
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18298 posts
2162 upvotes
Woodbridge
I was in Scarborough Best Buy and they said something like they will PM but won't give the 10% off difference since they own Future Shop?

I didn't argue/bothered and thought I try Heartland location (on my way home) and got the PM + 10%...she had no clue why they said that. ^
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Dec 6, 2004
85 posts
in my case, they did beat the difference by 10%
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2004
3836 posts
422 upvotes
Pickering, ON
Price match should be no problem, it's the beating by 10% that takes a little more effort. :razz:
Aug 30, 2007
84 posts
2 upvotes
London, ON
Today I PM an item at BB using a FS flyer. It was a mouse that retailed for $72 at BB and was on sale at FS for $15. (See the computers hot deals forums.) The cashiers eyes nearly popped out of her head.

The total came out to ~$17 which didn't sound right to me so I inquired about the 10% thing. She gave me the line that BB and FS were owned by the same company so it doesn't apply. I mentioned that FS applied it for me yesterday on another item.

After some time in the customer service line I eventually got the 10% thing credited to my credit card.

I think it all depends on the person you get on cash. They should honour it because I didn't read anything about FS or BB being an exemption. If they are the same company shouldn't they plan their sales a little bit better? Or even hide the stock? :razz:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 9, 2003
7877 posts
1471 upvotes
Burnaby
Yes you're supposed to

But there's a lot of people out there that would try to deny it
Banned
Jan 21, 2007
369 posts
22 upvotes
Metro Vancouver, BC
They should PM each other, but it depends on how the Store Manager runs their store.

I just got fed up with the Bestbuy is Futureshop BS and vice versa, I got an e-mail from both stores in writing that they do PM each other.

So if they pull that BS, I just show them the e-mail.
Deal Guru
Jun 1, 2006
11994 posts
15194 upvotes
As mentioned before many times they will price match but may argue about the 10% difference.
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
1021 posts
23 upvotes
I find it hilarious how some BB/FS are side by side.

Anyways,
I PM'd a computer for a friend. 10% isn't much, but it beats going next door to pick it up. :lol:
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2007
2905 posts
2 upvotes
is bb and fs are owned by the same owner?... haha pricematch this is hillarious with two companies and the same owner :confused: