• Last Updated:
  • Mar 24th, 2011 2:15 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2007
3941 posts
430 upvotes
how do you price match 2 items that are in stock online, but not in your local store? best buy has an item for $50 lets say, whereas futureshop has it for $90. In the guaranteed price policy on fs.ca it says to visit your local store, but I don't see how that helps if you want the item shipped?
Nov 18, 2006
271 posts
3 upvotes
i failed to get the 10% difference at BB today..the same old they are the same company crap

but from what I read on RFD, they ARE suppose to beat each other by 10% right? Just depends on how much of a dick the store manager is

any way to get them to actually honour their policies without going into an argument each time? Should I just email the headquarters for both stores and get a written response and bring that email each time I want to do PM? Anyone tried that?
Dec 31, 1969
Sheesh, guys. Re-check the BB 'price guarantee' page. You may notice that they have stiffened up their PM policy to essentially allow themselves a walk if need be ..and they appear to be using it quite a lot lately. I guess the market is getting so competitive that those guys are using sites like RFD to play a game of hype and run - - 'heck you might buy something else once in the store'.

Quote from site:

" The advertised item must be of the same brand and model as the purchased product, must be new and factory sealed, and subject to a manufacturer's warranty applicable in Canada. Advertised prices must be in Canadian dollars, and will be calculated to include all charges applicable for next day delivery to your home address. Our Lowest Price Guarantee does not apply to advertising errors or misprints, special educational prices, restricted offers, mail order offers, rebates, coupons, premiums, free or bonus offers, OEM products, limited or minimum quantity or limited time offers, close-outs, liquidations, clearances, and special financing offers.

The terms and conditions of the Lowest Price Guarantee are subject to change without notice. "

As FS & BB are one in the same company I would think it applies to both.
Jan 7, 2009
116 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Old thread, but same old experience...

I've had success in the past with PM'ing FS and BB - even getting the extra 10% discount on all occassions. But yesterday, I went to FS and got them to PM BB, no problem, but the sales guy wouldn't give me the extra 10% off as his reason was that FS and BB are the same company so they don't beat each others price.

Another thing that this sales guy (Vaughan location, TV section) mentioned was that FS headquarters enters prices from competitors' flyers every week so they can't mess around with prices when PM'ing. This sales guy was completely full of BS and acted like a real *sshole and just didn't make any sense as I tried to question their PM policy as an informed consumer.

After some thought, I'm returning the item back to FS for a full refund. I'm going to buy it from an online retailer, even though the price is 10% more expensive than the PM price, it has free shipping.

Anyways, my 2 cents...
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2006
3356 posts
68 upvotes
No they don't price match each other you are SOL (Being Sarcastic)
2010 Rig: i7 930 @ 2.8Ghz, 6GB DDR3 G.Skill 1600, 256GB SSD, 1TB WB Black, R280C, Gigabyte EX58-UD3R, Thermaltake S-Spin H/S, Corsair HX650W, CM Scout Case, 2x LG Flatron W2343V,Win7 Ultimate 64bit
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2008
4497 posts
590 upvotes
Scarborough
BriS2K wrote: Old thread, but same old experience...

I've had success in the past with PM'ing FS and BB - even getting the extra 10% discount on all occassions. But yesterday, I went to FS and got them to PM BB, no problem, but the sales guy wouldn't give me the extra 10% off as his reason was that FS and BB are the same company so they don't beat each others price.

Another thing that this sales guy (Vaughan location, TV section) mentioned was that FS headquarters enters prices from competitors' flyers every week so they can't mess around with prices when PM'ing. This sales guy was completely full of BS and acted like a real *sshole and just didn't make any sense as I tried to question their PM policy as an informed consumer.

After some thought, I'm returning the item back to FS for a full refund. I'm going to buy it from an online retailer, even though the price is 10% more expensive than the PM price, it has free shipping.

Anyways, my 2 cents...

FWIW there's "newer less older" threads you could have bumped. When they say they're the same company I just put out the other's GC for payment.
Help Contribute to our Wedding Fund :) A wise fortune cookie once told me this:
"A bargain is something you don't need at a price you can't resist"
FS: Christmas Window Decor :lol:
FS: 10mm H&R Trak+ wheel spacers, 5x100/112, 57.1c/b
Banned
Nov 21, 2010
310 posts
48 upvotes
same company so I guess mostly they will, but sometiems theey dun depend on situation