Shopping Discussion

Will Bestbuy add the shipping fee if you return an item and order total < $35 after refund?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 6:53 am
[OP]
Oct 28, 2015
197 posts
100 upvotes
Ottawa, ON

Will Bestbuy add the shipping fee if you return an item and order total < $35 after refund?

I purchased 2 items from Best buy online, and because the total is over $35, I got free shipping. Now I want to return one of the items (which brings the total down to less than $35). Will they add the shipping fee now when they calculate the refund? Anyone with similar experience?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2005
1646 posts
1349 upvotes
tourmaline wrote: I purchased 2 items from Best buy online, and because the total is over $35, I got free shipping. Now I want to return one of the items (which brings the total down to less than $35). Will they add the shipping fee now when they calculate the refund? Anyone with similar experience?

No they won't tack on the shipping fee if you decide to return something from your order, bringing you below the minimum free shipping threshold. I don't know any store that does to be honest.
Always hungry ;)
[OP]
Oct 28, 2015
197 posts
100 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
nintendo wrote: No they won't tack on the shipping fee if you decide to return something from your order, bringing you below the minimum free shipping threshold. I don't know any store that does to be honest.
Thanks! Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Nov 18, 2017
223 posts
87 upvotes
Nope but factor in gas, car mileage, calories spent, and time wasted
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
3800 posts
2348 upvotes
Vancouver
Nope and this is often abused, which likely would result in higher min salary amount or change in policy.

Just remember that holiday season generally means more lines @ customer service (and insane number right after xmas).
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
20709 posts
4842 upvotes
Poormond Hill
DougMckenzie wrote: Nope but factor in gas, car mileage, calories spent, and time wasted
Op, like most buyers don't care.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1427 posts
518 upvotes
Nope like everyone else mentioned. It's like that across most if not all the stores.