6b 6f 63 6f 6d 61 6e 20 6f 66 20 63 64 6d 61 2d 64 65 76 2d 74 65 61 6d
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2750 upvotes
ON
What do you mean by new ownership?
It will have the same information, but they'll print you a new green slip with the new plate portion. But the ownership side is unchanged.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2007
8134 posts
3485 upvotes
Financial District B…
kocoman wrote: Will changing license plates give me a new ownership card? (For Ontario) Thanks
There are 'two' titles/portions issued from the Ministry of Trans from your Province. One for the car and one for the licensing plates.
Changing existing plates on an existing title that already has plates attached will produce a new car title predicated you have filled out the necessary documentation to have your plates attached, if the car is not owned by you.
If the car is already owned by you then yes attaching new plates or old plates already owned by you will also produce a new title ownership.(MTO green title certificate)
----------------------------Licensed Credit Bureau member, S1, FI Automotive, CCP forums most banned = x 13 and counting, guess who that is?... stomped to the curb once again
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
3019 upvotes
keenland
also about 10 bucks will get you a new ownership if you lost it..sometimes the girls (cuz they are all women that work in service ontario) will give you a new ownership card for free if you are nice
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2015
1103 posts
358 upvotes
SaskBerta
cardguy wrote: also about 10 bucks will get you a new ownership if you lost it..sometimes the girls (cuz they are all women that work in service ontario) will give you a new ownership card for free if you are nice
It's 20 now. I had to replace the ownership for my Golf since somehow the old one was water damaged.

That was in March? Right before I left the province.

:) .

I do believe it used to be only 10 though
Banned
Mar 11, 2016
2081 posts
893 upvotes
yes new ownership will be printed...registration and permit portion are printed together