Wheels and Tires

Will Costco swap winter tires that weren't purchased at Costco?

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2021 1:53 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 22, 2018
50 posts
36 upvotes

Will Costco swap winter tires that weren't purchased at Costco?

I have a Costco membership, but the set of winter tires I have were purchased elsewhere. I have used Costco in the past to change summer/winter tires, but this is the first time I've noticed a line on their booking site saying that aftermarket exchanges can only come from Costco? Can anyone confirm if they mean they won't work with tires not from Costco?
Thank you!
9 replies
Newbie
Nov 5, 2021
81 posts
44 upvotes
Yes, they won't do if tire or rims are not purchased from Costco
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 29, 2013
1599 posts
1273 upvotes
Ontario
My tires and rims were purchased at Costco but not by me.
So I presume they would not be covered.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 7, 2004
7159 posts
3622 upvotes
West GTEH!
ChachoR47284 wrote: I have a Costco membership, but the set of winter tires I have were purchased elsewhere. I have used Costco in the past to change summer/winter tires, but this is the first time I've noticed a line on their booking site saying that aftermarket exchanges can only come from Costco? Can anyone confirm if they mean they won't work with tires not from Costco?
Thank you!
If in doubt, call Costco.
😎
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 30, 2020
1582 posts
2732 upvotes
YEG/YYZ
Costco will not install only if it's a brand new tire. If it's been driven on costco will install it no problem.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2012
1131 posts
406 upvotes
Cambridge
Will they not do it under the service listed as: 'Seasonal Exchange 4 Wheels/8 Tires' ?

I'm waiting for my new tires to arrive (bought at Quattro), I was thinking to get them installed at Costco under this service.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
31582 posts
12869 upvotes
Costblo is so hit and miss with this stuff. They make up "rules" as they go, whatever the employee feels like telling you. Sometimes the story is they only work on stuff they sold you, sometimes it's not that story. Who knows? :rolleyes: Also get ready to wait there like 3hrs while they do this, even when you have an "mandatory appointment" :rolleyes:

I dunno I'd not bother going there TBH, just a pain to deal with and a literal waste of time. Stick with a tried and true real tyre/wheel shop for stuff like purchases and mount and balance; stick with your own two hands for swapping wheels over seasonally or putting anything on/off your car.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 5, 2008
15826 posts
10501 upvotes
Toronto
ES_Revenge wrote: Costblo is so hit and miss with this stuff. They make up "rules" as they go, whatever the employee feels like telling you. Sometimes the story is they only work on stuff they sold you, sometimes it's not that story. Who knows? :rolleyes: Also get ready to wait there like 3hrs while they do this, even when you have an "mandatory appointment" :rolleyes:

I dunno I'd not bother going there TBH, just a pain to deal with and a literal waste of time. Stick with a tried and true real tyre/wheel shop for stuff like purchases and mount and balance; stick with your own two hands for swapping wheels over seasonally or putting anything on/off your car.
your CostBlow and ToyBLOWta comments in every...single....thread....is beyond annoying.

Give it a rest already
Sr. Member
Aug 8, 2010
826 posts
202 upvotes
There is no incentive to do tire swapping in Costco. it cost 40. Dealer and Canadian tire cost $45 and have seating areas while waiting.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 30, 2020
1582 posts
2732 upvotes
YEG/YYZ
1000islands wrote: There is no incentive to do tire swapping in Costco. it cost 40. Dealer and Canadian tire cost $45 and have seating areas while waiting.
8 rim 8 tire yes, but 8 tire 4 rim Costco can't be beat. It's like $60 at costco vs $150+ everywhere else

Plus with costco you can drop off your car, do your shopping, and pickup once you're done. Can't really spend 1.5+ hours shopping at CT, and nothing to do at dealership than play on your phone.

Top