Automotive

Will the EZ Oil Drain Valve hose connector fall off?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2019 12:31 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1661 posts
1332 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

Will the EZ Oil Drain Valve hose connector fall off?

I just bought 3x EZ Oil Drain valves for all the cars in my househould, I'm not worried about the drain valve itself falling off, but rather the hose connector. Anyone ever experience that?
8 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35549 posts
21612 upvotes
Center of Universe
What are you using to secure it to the nozzle?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1661 posts
1332 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
vkizzle wrote: What are you using to secure it to the nozzle?
The hose nozzle comes from the manufacturer, it threads into the valve, I'm just wondering if anyone has ever experienced it loosening & falling off during driving.

Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35549 posts
21612 upvotes
Center of Universe
chevyz07 wrote: The hose nozzle comes from the manufacturer, it threads into the valve, I'm just wondering if anyone has ever experienced it loosening & falling off during driving.

Oh, it's a threaded connector to attach a hose.
Considering it's threaded, it shouldn't fall off.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
16185 posts
4991 upvotes
London
chevyz07 wrote: I just bought 3x EZ Oil Drain valves for all the cars in my househould, I'm not worried about the drain valve itself falling off, but rather the hose connector. Anyone ever experience that?
Use some blue loctite or the equivalent for your favourite thread locker compound
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1661 posts
1332 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
l69norm wrote: Use some blue loctite or the equivalent for your favourite thread locker compound
True true good call thanks
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35549 posts
21612 upvotes
Center of Universe
l69norm wrote: Use some blue loctite or the equivalent for your favourite thread locker compound
Good suggestion...I always assume loctite was permanent like an epoxy.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2007
16050 posts
17340 upvotes
Oakville
vkizzle wrote: Good suggestion...I always assume loctite was permanent like an epoxy.
There are different grades for different permanence.

OP, it won't fall off, especially with some Loctite. Unless it's exposed and is hit by something. Your oil pan is probably aluminum, so purple Loctite would be ideal.
http://henkeladhesivesna.com/blog/the-d ... adlockers/
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2012
4305 posts
3578 upvotes
Oakville, ON
chevyz07 wrote: The hose nozzle comes from the manufacturer, it threads into the valve, I'm just wondering if anyone has ever experienced it loosening & falling off during driving.

Or just leave it off until it's oil change time? Would just need to be finger tight if you're just using it at the time of the oil change.