PC & Video Games

Will no E3 2020 = No E3 pre-order deals?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2020 12:40 pm
[OP]
Penalty Box
Dec 11, 2006
4836 posts
1825 upvotes
Ajax

Will no E3 2020 = No E3 pre-order deals?

Started to think about this. IF E3 2020 had gone ahead we would already know the price of the new consoles, been able to pre-order them and be involved with the annual E3 pre-order campaign.

With E3 2020 cancelled, do we have any indication that the annual pre-order campaign has also been cancelled, permanently.
6 replies
Jun 6, 2018
178 posts
167 upvotes
The pre order deals where getting gradually worse every year, I would be surprised if they ever came back. Also with most games going forward being made for the ps5 and xbox series x I I don't think they will be taking a hit on the games in the first couple years of launch. Just my guess tho
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2013
4496 posts
1411 upvotes
Toronto
Yeah, they were definitely getting worse - my only hope is that retailers selling physical discs will be fighting an uphill battle against digital sales, especially during the pandemic, that they'll have to incentivize consumers more with pre-order sales or deals within the launch window.

But yeah, the "glory days" of E3 deals are probably gone. It feels like the end of an era, like when Blockbuster & Rogers Video closed down...
Gear: Fujifilm X-Pro2 | Canon A-1
Deal Fanatic
Jun 18, 2012
8654 posts
3647 upvotes
Vancouver
I just want a deal on The Last of Us 2, not even preorder...
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2614 posts
2795 upvotes
GTA
E3 was supposed to be last week, so I think a lack of preorders right now tells you they ain't doing it. Those crappy preorder deals from previous years are starting to look pretty good right now, I was always good for at least one preorder...
At least Sony still had their PlayStation Days of Play this year. Not the hottest deals but better than nothing!
c'mon get happy!
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1912 posts
597 upvotes
Toronto
I am beginning to think their pre-order "deals" are steelbooks and DLC cosmetics.