Students

Will suspension stop you from graduation?

• Last Updated:
  • May 25th, 2019 11:42 pm
[OP]
Mar 6, 2017
27 posts
3 upvotes

Will suspension stop you from graduation?

There is a case a student gets a suspension sanction while he has already got enough credits. As far as I understand, suspension merely means you cannot register for courses. It is not supposed to be something delays your graduation in this case. Am I right?
5 replies
Jun 11, 2012
39 posts
19 upvotes
Was suspended every year from K-12 and expelled twice, drop out once, but this did not prevent my graduation.

Might stop the student from attending graduation ceremony but shouldn't prevent actual graduation.
Nov 9, 2011
627 posts
329 upvotes
Toronto
You may want to check with your school. But I think unless you are expelled, you should be able to graduate. And it also depends on the situation, and why you got suspended.
[OP]
Mar 6, 2017
27 posts
3 upvotes
technovert wrote:
May 24th, 2019 9:15 am
Was suspended every year from K-12 and expelled twice, drop out once, but this did not prevent my graduation.

Might stop the student from attending graduation ceremony but shouldn't prevent actual graduation.
The suspension even comes into effect after the convocation.
Deal Addict
Dec 16, 2015
1416 posts
975 upvotes
Canada
FlamingShark wrote:
May 24th, 2019 1:56 am
There is a case a student gets a suspension sanction while he has already got enough credits. As far as I understand, suspension merely means you cannot register for courses. It is not supposed to be something delays your graduation in this case. Am I right?
What did u do?