Cell Phones

Will an unused Bell iphone 6 work on Fido?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2015 5:16 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Apr 28, 2014
278 posts
46 upvotes
Ontario

Will an unused Bell iphone 6 work on Fido?

My friend just got a wrapped iphone 6 replacement from Bell today
Will the Fido sim work as first time activation? Or is the Bell iphone already locked?
3 replies
Jul 14, 2009
347 posts
32 upvotes
Phone wont work with the Fido sim as you need to have it unlocked
Nov 9, 2014
576 posts
261 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
mrdependent wrote: Phone wont work with the Fido sim as you need to have it unlocked
This statement is absolutely correct. It is a Bell phone no matter how you put it. When they are sealed for the individual carriers they should be pre locked, meaning Bell SIM should only work, however, they come from the factory ''unlocked'' and then go to a Apple store or retail outlet selling pre-locked carrier iPhones.

I've also heard you can put any SIM in you want in your new phone from Apple and it will lock to the carrier for first-time activation, however, I won't elaborate on this statement as I believe the first statement is true.
Virgin Mobile $75 | 10GB Unl.| Unl. Canada Wide | Unlimited Text/Pic Msg | 75.00

Don't forget to hit the THANKS button if I've helped. Have a Great Day!
Jan 29, 2013
368 posts
348 upvotes
toronto
Try to do restore with itunes, complete restore. My freind got his replacement phone from Rogers, his sim card was unactivated as well I think. When we did restore as we were trying to restore from back up on itunes it did complete restore and later on the message came " congratulations your iphone has been unlocked". Nothing wrong in trying that, and let us know.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)