Cell Phones

Will Virgin Mobile Samsung galaxy s3 work on Bell?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 26th, 2012 4:15 pm
[OP]
Jun 21, 2009
37 posts

Will Virgin Mobile Samsung galaxy s3 work on Bell?

Hey everyone i just wanted to know if i were to buy the virgin mobile version of the s3 ($599)
if it would work on bell just by putting my bell sim card in it?
if it's possible i'd like to save the 50 dollars becaue bell has it for $649
if you could help me out that'd be great
thanks!
11 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 21, 2011
1124 posts
209 upvotes
YYZ
you will need to unlock it ... it is around $10 on Ebay to unlock your phone!
Sep 27, 2003
10900 posts
3188 upvotes
Newmarket
^You don't need to unlock it; a Virgin Mobile Canada S3 will work fine, as is, on Bell. It is also more than $10 to obtain an unlock code for this device as it is a Virgin / Bell device.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2010
2398 posts
397 upvotes
It's a Samsung device. You can unlock it on your own any number of ways. Samsung isn't big on supporting carrier locks.
[OP]
Jun 21, 2009
37 posts
WorldIRC wrote: ^You don't need to unlock it; a Virgin Mobile Canada S3 will work fine, as is, on Bell. It is also more than $10 to obtain an unlock code for this device as it is a Virgin / Bell device.
would you know for sure? i don't want to have to pay 600 then not have it work haha
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2010
2742 posts
408 upvotes
Mississauga
vigin version is i747 and same as bell version
so if you unlock it it will work
[OP]
Jun 21, 2009
37 posts
Jimboski wrote: It'll work just If you need to buy an unlock code or not that Is It!
know any place that i can get the unlock code?
retailers seem to want to rip everyone off charging $50 to $75 for an unlock code
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50453 posts
6513 upvotes
Toronto
momomonkey wrote: know any place that i can get the unlock code?
retailers seem to want to rip everyone off charging $50 to $75 for an unlock code
Try cellunlock.net - They have a "Android50" coupon!
They don't have any for Virgin Mobile phones..

They do have a "Unlock any Samsung USA Phone".. http://www.cellunlock.net/Unlock_Any_Sa ... ungusa.htm
Sep 27, 2003
10900 posts
3188 upvotes
Newmarket
momomonkey wrote: would you know for sure? i don't want to have to pay 600 then not have it work haha
While I will never take responsibility, I have used a # of Virgin phones on Bell, no problem, without unlocking. The SIM Card #s are virtually identical, hence why there will be no issues.
RFD Forums Moderator
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
6239 posts
164 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: WorldIRC Is a Bell expert so he would know, I'd believe him the most!
+.

Also Virgin phones use Bell's data network so they have to work on either. Besides, considering how much Bell bloatware comes on the Virgin S3, I'd be pretty disappoint if it didn't work without being unlocked.
RFD's Resident Ol' School Rap Guru
No, you're not entitled to your own opinion, you're only entitled to what you can argue for.
Otherwise, don't start.

*VESTAX* PMC-05PROIII Battle Mixer for sale!!