Will Walmart Canada start flyer price match again

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 9th, 2022 3:31 pm
Banned
May 22, 2019
1469 posts
2121 upvotes

Will Walmart Canada start flyer price match again

They stopped iton COVID, now covid is over. Will they start it again?
World cup is coming
8 replies
Jan 22, 2017
661 posts
1696 upvotes
I give it a 5% chance of them implementing it again.
My guess is they were looking to get rid of it anyway because it was costing them money and COVID was a palatable excuse to do so.
The fact is people who price match aren't the customers they are targeting to shop in their stores.
It's sadly the same experience I've had in all sorts of stores now - price match & rain check eliminated because of "Covid" aka "You're costing us money."

BTW COVID is not over they just stopped reporting cases. It'll become officially endemic one day but people letting their guard down do so at their own peril.
The virus doesn't care if you're sick of washing your hands, distancing yourself or wearing your mask.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
4104 posts
4052 upvotes
Toronto
They did not stop due to covid they never said this in their official release they said very few of their customers used price match. I believe the real reason was abuse by customers and spineless managers that just accepted any flyer.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
21132 posts
9788 upvotes
Toronto
No they won't. Their entire strategy is now focused on everyday low prices, roll backs and multi-buy strategies.
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12993 posts
8360 upvotes
Price match is not compatible with self-checkouts. It is already a zoo of an experience.

I think they are big on getting people to shop online right now.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 13, 2010
8552 posts
11762 upvotes
GTA
lecale wrote: Price match is not compatible with self-checkouts. It is already a zoo of an experience.

I think they are big on getting people to shop online right now.
You can PM at the self checkouts at RCSS in my area again, No Frills still isn't.
Jun 7, 2022
11 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
I'm shocked it took them so long to remove price matching. They have been almost fighting the customer towards the end when they try to price match. Still the best price matching out there, IMO, is Home Depot
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21264 posts
6247 upvotes
Poormond Hill
No. The lines move faster now
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.