Expired Hot Deals

[William-Sonoma] Le Creuset cast iron cookware, 20% off - all types!

• Last Updated:
  • May 17th, 2020 4:43 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13263 posts
2605 upvotes
Pacific Ocean

Le Creuset cast iron cookware, 20% off - all types!

Deal Link:
Savings:
20%
Retailer:
William-Sonoma
William-Sonoma offering 20% off all higher end Le Creuset cookware. The 10-12 inch cast iron enamel fry pans stick out in this deal. 10" - $149.95, 12" - $184.00. Amazon has these listed up to $232 before taxes, yikes!!

Inspired by nearly a century of culinary craftsmanship, Le Creuset's Signature collection is an evolution of its enameled cast-iron cookware, blending classic form with ergonomic innovations. With its expansive surface and superior heat retention, this Signature fry pan is a versatile kitchen mainstay.

Heavyweight fry pan requires very little oil, making it an excellent choice for low-fat cooking.
Black enamel interior requires no additional seasoning, unlike other cast-iron cookware.
New large loop helper handle facilitates lifting the pan and provides a better grip even while wearing oven mitts.
Enameled cast-iron construction provides superior heat retention.
Dishwasher-safe for fast, convenient cleanup.
Made in France.

10 1/4" diam., 1 3/4" high; 5 lb. 13 oz.
12" diam., 2" high; 6 lb. 14 oz.
Optimized for steady, even heat, Le Creusets improved enamel interior resists staining, dulling and wear and tear.
Made in France.

Use

Ideal for use on any cooktop, including induction.
For best results, use low to medium heat on cooktop.
Oven and broiler safe.
Use wood, plastic or heat-resistant nylon tools to avoid scratching the enamel surface.
Do not slide pan on stovetop.
Enamel can chip or crack if dropped or banged on hard surface.

Care

Allow to cool before washing.
Dishwasher-safe.
Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads, harsh detergents or abrasive cleansers.
Stubborn food residue and stains can be removed with a nylon scrubbing pad or sponge.

If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
54 replies
Aug 29, 2018
293 posts
367 upvotes
Just a reminder to check for IKEA. They do not have the SENIOR line anymore, but they have a new casserole dish in the VARDAGEN line:

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/vardagen-c ... -00437266/

Looks good with a 1920s vibe, oven-safe lid, and the price is a fraction of any Le Creuset.

Yes, I know, IKEA is a bit of a mess at the moment (euphemism), but if you're not in a hurry, I really think it's worth the savings.

PS: they also have a cast-iron skillet in the VARDAGEN line.
Mar 6, 2019
146 posts
190 upvotes
Amazon is a terrible reference for Le Creuset prices in Canada. Try Consiglio's, Williams food equipment, or Maison Lipari if you want to see fair retail prices. You can almost always get atleast 30% off MSRP.

And unless it's a deal, stay the hell away from The Bay for these, they mark them up way over MSRP for some reason.

All that being said, get one if you're on the fence. But be prepared to start a collection, you'll probably love it.

Edit: Also check out ECS Coffee, they have some decent prices once in a while, but limited inventory.

Edit 2: Kitchensmart.ca is also decent.
Last edited by SubmarinePerson on May 6th, 2020 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 5, 2009
435 posts
911 upvotes
Vancouver
pbeutch wrote: Just a reminder to check for IKEA. They do not have the SENIOR line anymore, but they have a new casserole dish in the VARDAGEN line:

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/vardagen-c ... -00437266/

Looks good with a 1920s vibe, oven-safe lid, and the price is a fraction of any Le Creuset.

Yes, I know, IKEA is a bit of a mess at the moment (euphemism), but if you're not in a hurry, I really think it's worth the savings.

PS: they also have a cast-iron skillet in the VARDAGEN line.
The Ikea cast iron products are not enameled, so you need to season them and cleanup is more annoying. Also Ikea is nowhere near the quality of Le Creuset. Sure there are cheap substitutes for everything, and if you're only looking for the cheapest option then nothing will convince you to go for the quality option. If you're going to buy cheap, might as well get Lodge or another well-known cast iron brand.
Apr 5, 2009
435 posts
911 upvotes
Vancouver
I usually benchmark against Williams Food Equipment, which has the 10 inch for $179.99, meaning the $149 for the 10 inch is a great deal. I have both the 10 inch and the 12 inch and I absolutely love love love them. Easily one of my most used kitchen tools. I love that they're easy to clean too, but I still get the benefit of the cast iron. Definitely recommend that you get one if you don't already have one. And I agree with a previous poster that you'll start to want to collect them.

For a family of two, the 10 inch is the perfect size with the 12 inch being a bit too big. If you have a family of 3-4 then the 12 inch is better. The issue with the 12 inch is that it's bigger so it takes a while longer to heat up, but otherwise it's great. We just used our 12 inch this weekend to roast a whole chicken plus a bunch of potatos for a nice one-pan dish.

Edit: I just saw the round dutch ovens are also on sale. We also have 2 of those - one of the 4.5 qt and one 5.5 qt. The 4.5 qt is great for everyday cooking and the 5.5 qt is great for making bigger batches. We love ours but the prices on the dutch ovens aren't as good and would recommend waiting.
Last edited by pinkrose398 on May 6th, 2020 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 21, 2010
131 posts
135 upvotes
Montreal
still can't beleive that in this day and age, they don't allow Quebecers to shop their site...
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13263 posts
2605 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
SubmarinePerson wrote: Amazon is a terrible reference for Le Creuset prices in Canada. Try Consiglio's, Williams food equipment, or Maison Lipari if you want to see fair retail prices. You can almost always get at least 30% off MSRP.

Checked all three. At PRESENT they are not cheaper than the deal at Williams-Sonoma. Point blank. Maybe in the past or future but not right now.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Mar 6, 2019
146 posts
190 upvotes
pinkrose398 wrote: I usually benchmark against Williams Food Equipment, which has the 10 inch for $179.99, meaning the $149 for the 10 inch is a great deal. I have both the 10 inch and the 12 inch and I absolutely love love love them. Easily one of my most used kitchen tools. I love that they're easy to clean too, but I still get the benefit of the cast iron. Definitely recommend that you get one if you don't already have one. And I agree with a previous poster that you'll start to want to collect them.

For a family of two, the 10 inch is the perfect size with the 12 inch being a bit too big. If you have a family of 3-4 then the 12 inch is better. The issue with the 12 inch is that it's bigger so it takes a while longer to heat up, but otherwise it's great. We just used our 12 inch this weekend to roast a whole chicken plus a bunch of potatos for a nice one-pan dish.
If someone wants a 12" and doesn't mind the colour:

Your text to link here...
Mar 6, 2019
146 posts
190 upvotes
aznnorth wrote: Checked all three. At PRESENT they are not cheaper than the deal at Williams-Sonoma. Point blank. Maybe in the past or future but not right now.
I definitely agree, I am just saying that Amazon isn't really a good benchmark for pricing on this brand. The best everyday price benchmark is Maison Lipari. Their website isn't amazing but it works, and their everyday pricing is very competitive. They have no sales on at the moment:

Le Creuset at Maison Lipari
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2014
1193 posts
828 upvotes
Toronto, ON
FYI estimated shipping fee to Toronto area is $19.95.
Aug 11, 2014
22 posts
9 upvotes
Brampton, ON
pinkrose398 wrote: I usually benchmark against Williams Food Equipment, which has the 10 inch for $179.99, meaning the $149 for the 10 inch is a great deal. I have both the 10 inch and the 12 inch and I absolutely love love love them. Easily one of my most used kitchen tools. I love that they're easy to clean too, but I still get the benefit of the cast iron. Definitely recommend that you get one if you don't already have one. And I agree with a previous poster that you'll start to want to collect them.

Edit: I just saw the round dutch ovens are also on sale. We also have 2 of those - one of the 4.5 qt and one 5.5 qt. The 4.5 qt is great for everyday cooking and the 5.5 qt is great for making bigger batches. We love ours but the prices on the dutch ovens aren't as good and would recommend waiting.
Always wanted to get a Le Crueset but have been on the fence for a long time. Is the dutch oven really impressive over using a regular cast iron pan? What is a great price on the 4.5 qt round dutch ovens? Do you get better deals on Black Friday and/or Boxing day?
Mar 6, 2019
146 posts
190 upvotes
Hotmel wrote: Always wanted to get a Le Crueset but have been on the fence for a long time. Is the dutch oven really impressive over using a regular cast iron pan? What is a great price on the 4.5 qt round dutch ovens? Do you get better deals on Black Friday and/or Boxing day?
I would say anything under 200$ is a pretty good deal. Black Friday or Boxing day, you might be able to use a sitewide % off discount on an already decent price on the previously mentioned websites.

Cleaning them is a joy, and the real advantage over regular cast iron for me is being able to cook whatever I want in them, however acidic it may be. Also, being able to use ddish soap and not worry about your seasoning is nice once in a while.
Apr 5, 2009
435 posts
911 upvotes
Vancouver
Hotmel wrote: Always wanted to get a Le Crueset but have been on the fence for a long time. Is the dutch oven really impressive over using a regular cast iron pan? What is a great price on the 4.5 qt round dutch ovens? Do you get better deals on Black Friday and/or Boxing day?
You can often find the round dutch ovens at the outlet stores. They are B stock (there's some kind of imperfection on them but they still work well) and the price is very reasonable. I can't remember exactly how much I paid but certain colours have a discount on top of the sale outlet price, those are the best deals. I don't think you get better deals on Black Friday or Boxing Day, but there are sporadic deals that come out once in a while.

Dutch ovens and cast iron pans are completely different. Dutch ovens are like short stock pots but made of cast iron. Dutch ovens come with lids and you can use them like a soup / stock pot, but because they're made of cast iron, it can go from searing meat to cooking soup / sauce to going straight in the oven. It's great for making dishes like coq au vin, any kind of braised dish, amazing for baking bread, roasting whole chickens (if you buy a big one), etc. etc. A cast iron pan is just a pan that's made of cast iron, which is great for making things that you would normally do in a frying pan. You can't make soup or braise things in it because there isn't enough depth.

If you want something to make more liquidy food (or bake bread) then the dutch oven is your best bet. If you want to pan fry or sear things, like steak, then the pan will be a better option.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2014
1193 posts
828 upvotes
Toronto, ON
pinkrose398 wrote: You can often find the round dutch ovens at the outlet stores. They are B stock (there's some kind of imperfection on them but they still work well) and the price is very reasonable. I can't remember exactly how much I paid but certain colours have a discount on top of the sale outlet price, those are the best deals. I don't think you get better deals on Black Friday or Boxing Day, but there are sporadic deals that come out once in a while.

Dutch ovens and cast iron pans are completely different. Dutch ovens are like short stock pots but made of cast iron. Dutch ovens come with lids and you can use them like a soup / stock pot, but because they're made of cast iron, it can go from searing meat to cooking soup / sauce to going straight in the oven. It's great for making dishes like coq au vin, any kind of braised dish, amazing for baking bread, roasting whole chickens (if you buy a big one), etc. etc. A cast iron pan is just a pan that's made of cast iron, which is great for making things that you would normally do in a frying pan. You can't make soup or braise things in it because there isn't enough depth.

If you want something to make more liquidy food (or bake bread) then the dutch oven is your best bet. If you want to pan fry or sear things, like steak, then the pan will be a better option.
Lodge has a combo cooker that doubles as a dutch oven and cast iron pan: https://www.amazon.ca/Lodge-LCC3-Logic- ... B0009JKG9M

Only downside is the pan is smaller and its sloped shallow edge makes it harder to stir food without spilling.
Apr 5, 2009
435 posts
911 upvotes
Vancouver
sn00ch wrote: Lodge has a combo cooker that doubles as a dutch oven and cast iron pan: https://www.amazon.ca/Lodge-LCC3-Logic- ... B0009JKG9M

Only downside is the pan is smaller and its sloped shallow edge makes it harder to stir food without spilling.
Lodge is not enameled, so you lose the benefit of it being super easy to care for. You'd have to season it and then care for it meticulously. It's okay if you have the time and are willing to put in the effort, but the time savings on not having to care for the Le Creuset makes the higher price worth it for me. Plus my fiance does the dishes and his attention to detail isn't great, so it's one less thing to worry about.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2014
1193 posts
828 upvotes
Toronto, ON
pinkrose398 wrote: Lodge is not enameled, so you lose the benefit of it being super easy to care for. You'd have to season it and then care for it meticulously. It's okay if you have the time and are willing to put in the effort, but the time savings on not having to care for the Le Creuset makes the higher price worth it for me. Plus my fiance does the dishes and his attention to detail isn't great, so it's one less thing to worry about.
I have a few Lodge pieces and I don't find them very difficult to season and clean. My husband's attention to detail is also not great so your point is valid.
Apr 5, 2009
435 posts
911 upvotes
Vancouver
sn00ch wrote: I have a few Lodge pieces and I don't find them very difficult to season and clean. My husband's attention to detail is also not great so your point is valid.
My brother had a non-enameled cast iron pan that he had seasoned and taken care of for a few years... and then someone in his household decided to soap and soak it in that soap overnight............................................. it was awful, he was completely traumatized.