Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
4975 posts
2185 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…

Win 10 Maps: GPS compatible?

I've noticed the Maps function in Win 10 now offers downloadable maps (might have before, like on Win Phone 8) but I certainly didn't notice it being offered previously. Just wondering if it can read/locate with GPS info?

Might be smoother and easier to use than MS Streets n' Trips and Autoroute, both of which haven't been updated since the 2013 versions.
Cream rises to the top. So does scum.
2 replies
Nov 6, 2014
662 posts
988 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
Not sure but Waze in my humble opinion is better and constantly updated. (Waze I believe is owned by Google)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
4975 posts
2185 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
fordmaple wrote: Not sure but Waze in my humble opinion is better and constantly updated. (Waze I believe is owned by Google)
Not using it for navigation (Waze is dangerous, I've learned * ) but as a road atlas with location. At any rate, we like to plot our own routes (not that the upcoming RV trip has many options anyway) rather than be told where to go. The other fact I omitted: We don't pay for mobile data so won't have any. We do have a GPS (5", a bit small on a Class A) and computers with Streets 'n Trips 2013 installed as well as a USB-connected GPS receiver that can be used by several Win applications and utilities.

* In Los Angeles a few years ago, Waze was routing on a residential road running parallel to a clogged artery where one would have to cross (with no lights or right of way) 2-3 lanes-of-traffic-per-direction secondary roads which were not... unoccupied.
Cream rises to the top. So does scum.