Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Win Win Chick-N

[YVR] Win Win Chick-N - Buy One 3-Piece Meal, Get Second for $1

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 12th, 2021 5:25 am
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2003
2570 posts
461 upvotes

[YVR] Win Win Chick-N - Buy One 3-Piece Meal, Get Second for $1

Expiry:
August 12, 2021
Retailer:
Win Win Chick-N
Attached coupon that I got from their sponsored Facebook post. Just need to show the image in the store.

Valid until Aug 12, 2021.

Will update with price when someone can confirm.
Images
  • Screenshot_20210716-074747_Messenger_1.jpg
31 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4993 posts
6153 upvotes
How is their fried chicken anyway?
I've tried a lot of them lately. Most of them are disappointing. They either have a bad crust or it's not even seasoned properly. Seriously question how some of these fried chicken places make money.

EDIT: Nevermind, I've been to this place once. Their chicken was seasoned well, but the crust was soggy and had the consistency of shake and bake. The pieces were also really tiny. I remembered calling 30 minutes ahead to order for pickup and still had to wait another 15 minutes in store. Never again.
Last edited by AsianXL on Jul 16th, 2021 4:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Nov 14, 2012
975 posts
545 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I'll have to try them out tomorrow for lunch. Bring a friend.
Sep 24, 2007
70 posts
7 upvotes
Love their chicken, stop by often when in Steveston
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19733 posts
28613 upvotes
Vancouver
All right. I give up. Further resistance is futile. It started on Twitter and it has spread like a dark cloud across the internet. The 3-letter airport code shall not mean the airport anymore, it shall now refer to the entire Metro Vancouver region. Calgary was the first to fall, Edmonton quickly followed, Portland is far gone now, and we in Vancouver are obviously past the point of no return. Toronto, Montreal, and New York, take notice: This many headed monster is coming for you too. If you don’t fend it off, before you know it you’ll be strolling down the YYZ lakefront, dining out in old town YUL, or visiting a gallery in midtown JFK. Scary, I know. Band together and build up the resistance. With determination and strength you can beat it. I pray for your success!
Nov 23, 2014
192 posts
633 upvotes
Richmond, BC
Kiraly wrote: All right. I give up. Further resistance is futile. It started on Twitter and it has spread like a dark cloud across the internet. The 3-letter airport code shall not mean the airport anymore, it shall now refer to the entire Metro Vancouver region. Calgary was the first to fall, Edmonton quickly followed, Portland is far gone now, and we in Vancouver are obviously past the point of no return. Toronto, Montreal, and New York, take notice: This many headed monster is coming for you too. If you don’t fend it off, before you know it you’ll be strolling down the YYZ lakefront, dining out in old town YUL, or visiting a gallery in midtown JFK. Scary, I know. Band together and build up the resistance. With determination and strength you can beat it. I pray for your success!
Calm the f down gramps. It's a deal about fried chicken.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26012 posts
211310 upvotes
GTA
Truth be told, having never heard of this place, from the title, I thought this was some restaurant at the airport as well, lol. But I soon came to my senses as BOGO and anything to do with the airport just doesn't compute...
Jan 9, 2021
21 posts
17 upvotes
AsianXL wrote: How is their fried chicken anyway?
I've tried a lot of them lately. Most of them are disappointing. They either have a bad crust or it's not even seasoned properly. Seriously question how some of these fried chicken places make money.

EDIT: Nevermind, I've been to this place once. Their chicken was seasoned well, but the crust was soggy and had the consistency of shake and bake. The pieces were also really tiny. I remembered calling 30 minutes ahead to order for pickup and still had to wait another 15 minutes in store. Never again.
Same observation as you. I tried this place once and their chicken was super tiny. Taste was average, I wasn’t a fan.
Oct 4, 2010
923 posts
514 upvotes
Surrey
tried and it was terrible. Not good when chicken is still bloody near the bone. Also the herbs they use is quite strong. Also, the batter is soft and not crispy at all. It's almost like it's pan fried. It's just their style of fried chicken so if you are looking for a crunch, it's not the place for you.

Go to LA Chicken if you crave for a nice crunch and taste.
Nov 24, 2014
327 posts
256 upvotes
Vancouver
Win win's fried chicken is like something that cooked from an airfryer. It's not very crispy, and does not have the regular fried chicken batter.
Nov 6, 2012
90 posts
139 upvotes
Vancouver
Not sure if I should try, from the photos they don't look crispy at all.

I still haven't found anything that beats LA Chicken, especially the spicy ones.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4993 posts
6153 upvotes
yvr2021 wrote:
Same observation as you. I tried this place once and their chicken was super tiny. Taste was average, I wasn’t a fan.
matrixfwd wrote: tried and it was terrible. Not good when chicken is still bloody near the bone. Also the herbs they use is quite strong. Also, the batter is soft and not crispy at all. It's almost like it's pan fried. It's just their style of fried chicken so if you are looking for a crunch, it's not the place for you.

Go to LA Chicken if you crave for a nice crunch and taste.
franko031 wrote: Win win's fried chicken is like something that cooked from an airfryer. It's not very crispy, and does not have the regular fried chicken batter.
I would say that KFC (spicy) is better.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4993 posts
6153 upvotes
SnoopyDealSniffer wrote: Not sure if I should try, from the photos they don't look crispy at all.

I still haven't found anything that beats LA Chicken, especially the spicy ones.
You should give Chirpyhut a try. They have at least 5 different flavors (dry spices). I'm not gonna say it's better than LA, nor is it cheap. But the quality is there and every order is made to order. It's both crispy and flavorful. The fries are bomb too.

The Chicken near Metrotown is good too. Huge pieces of well-seasoned chicken with a crispy crust at reasonable prices. Every order is made to order as well.

You guys won't be disappointed.
Feb 2, 2017
560 posts
746 upvotes
I had it once and the chicken was soggy and partially raw. Never went again. I don't understand why anyone would buy from this joint when LA Chicken is $30 for 20 pieces (just remember to get crispy).
Nov 6, 2012
90 posts
139 upvotes
Vancouver
AsianXL wrote: You should give Chirpyhut a try. They have at least 5 different flavors (dry spices). I'm not gonna say it's better than LA, nor is it cheap. But the quality is there and every order is made to order. It's both crispy and flavorful. The fries are bomb too.

The Chicken near Metrotown is good too. Huge pieces of well-seasoned chicken with a crispy crust at reasonable prices. Every order is made to order as well.

You guys won't be disappointed.
Thanks for the info, will definitely check them out! I recalled trying Chirpyhut when they just opened and didn't have a good experience, mainly because they got my order wrong and it's takeout so by the time I was back to Vancouver the crispiness somewhat was gone but definitely will give it another shot.
Feb 25, 2009
642 posts
345 upvotes
SnoopyDealSniffer wrote: Thanks for the info, will definitely check them out! I recalled trying Chirpyhut when they just opened and didn't have a good experience, mainly because they got my order wrong and it's takeout so by the time I was back to Vancouver the crispiness somewhat was gone but definitely will give it another shot.
Re: chirpy hut
Best thing there is the chicken wings. Other parts of the chicken is not so good.
Another one to try for their fried chicken wing is J&G inside the food court of a Richmond plaza.

I personally find LA to be the most consistent.

Win-win is a lose lose for me.

Chicken burger wise - checking out hundy.

Downlow is a joke.

Heard fighter chicken is decent ? Haven’t tried.
Feb 25, 2009
642 posts
345 upvotes
Any feed back appreciated for fried chicken gems around town. I am forever on the hunt for good friend chicken.
My favourite of all time is LA chicken.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)