Automotive

winch option for flat bed tow truck

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 21st, 2021 10:59 am
[OP]
Nov 2, 2020
6 posts

winch option for flat bed tow truck

Hi, there I'm planning to offer services towing and I'm in search for the best winches out there to tow cars and suv's. Almost all I see are using Warn winch and I tried to do my own research to browse around these guys at https://motoringcrunch.com/reviews/best ... s-reviews/. I found the Smittybuilt 17500lbs capacity and it's the strongest so far among the list. I want to know if it's reliable enough to tow a suv to a flat bed? I am still trying to learn more of the technicalities behind towing vehicles. Any feedback is appreciated.
7 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2014
2191 posts
1419 upvotes
Just Moved To Somewh…
Well first off we have no idea which province you are in, which may have specific requirements. I would just contact your Provincial Ministry of Transportation as there may be specific specifications as to required equipment for a commercial tow truck.
“Before one can have a Clue they must first accumulate 10 Inklings. That said, all it takes is one bad post and you erase all Inklings & Clues accumulated'"
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2012
1366 posts
787 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
AllenDale19 wrote: Hi, there I'm planning to offer services towing and I'm in search for the best winches out there to tow cars and suv's. Almost all I see are using Warn winch and I tried to do my own research to browse around these guys at https://motoringcrunch.com/reviews/best ... s-reviews/. I found the Smittybuilt 17500lbs capacity and it's the strongest so far among the list. I want to know if it's reliable enough to tow a suv to a flat bed? I am still trying to learn more of the technicalities behind towing vehicles. Any feedback is appreciated.
If you’re serious perhaps you should consider going to work for a reputable towing outfit to gain real-world knowledge and training so you have the necessary experience to gauge if this is the right path for you.