Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
WIND Mobile

Wind $2 per day unlimited everything US/CANADA, is it true?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 3rd, 2013 5:15 pm
20 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2012
1312 posts
1187 upvotes
Hongcouver
Wrong forum......

You might be better off calling Wind to confirm...... that price is not bad at all, however, my coworker also told me you can get those pay as you go call/text/data cards in the US for super cheap like $40 a month too for everything unlimited, I don't know how those work......
CheapBuddy wrote: thanks you, i like this balls a lot, at Tin Horton... i got balls before at walmart and where all dry and old
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3848 posts
2272 upvotes
'Shwallywood
dengcn wrote: Just saw Wind Mobile, their Pay Your Way has $2 unlimited everything.

Not sure if this apply using in US? Anyone ever used this $2 per day pay your way?

It is for calling TO, not IN the united states. It is not a roaming plan

$60-62 a month for services that cost $40 FWIW but it's good for those that are out of town most of the time and need a phone for the few days they are here.
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
It doesn't seem like a great time to become a new wind customer, do they usually offer special plans only for new customers... I need to switch from mobilicity for two lines pretty soon... I just don't trust mobilicity in the long run any more to prepay with them and without prepay the plans aren't that good especially just for basic no data stuff.
Feb 26, 2007
172 posts
106 upvotes
dengcn wrote: Just saw Wind Mobile, their Pay Your Way has $2 unlimited everything.

Not sure if this apply using in US? Anyone ever used this $2 per day pay your way?
I was in LA this July for 1 week and pay $5 for the simm card + $2/day for everything (data is slow but better then nothing) but within the US only and your phone supposed to be unlocked for any carrier. Not sure if this is for Canada, check with Wind.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
4440 posts
7634 upvotes
Toronto
BinaryJay wrote: It doesn't seem like a great time to become a new wind customer, do they usually offer special plans only for new customers... I need to switch from mobilicity for two lines pretty soon... I just don't trust mobilicity in the long run any more to prepay with them and without prepay the plans aren't that good especially just for basic no data stuff.
What has changed that it makes it a wrong time to join wind? All the plans are the same, they just introduced a new $50 plan with more tab and a new pay your way use. All the promotional plans are available to existing customers as well. Sometimes for a $25 fee if you're going down in price. With better reception and faster data speeds as of 2 days ago, I think its as good of a time as any.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3848 posts
2272 upvotes
'Shwallywood
Nexzen wrote: What has changed that it makes it a wrong time to join wind? All the plans are the same, they just introduced a new $50 plan with more tab and a new pay your way use. All the promotional plans are available to existing customers as well. Sometimes for a $25 fee if you're going down in price. With better reception and faster data speeds as of 2 days ago, I think its as good of a time as any.
LOL Faster speeds. 80kbps down, 0.09 up I made a huge mistake when I switched
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5614 posts
1078 upvotes
Toronto
OP, if this is a question then keep it in the Cell Phone forum, not Hot Deals.

In regards to the plan, it states unlimited local, text, and data if you pass $2/day in PPU charges. This deal stands as long as your on the Wind network.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1753 posts
50 upvotes
My only question is do we lose unlimited incoming calls now that it's $2 max per day.
Sep 8, 2006
830 posts
336 upvotes
Surrey
rfdghost wrote: My only question is do we lose unlimited incoming calls now that it's $2 max per day.
why would you? it's just an add on if you're going to be using it a lot one day.
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2007
1618 posts
110 upvotes
Do you have to buy a brand new sim card from wind? Can I use the old one which I cancelled in the summer?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2005
1753 posts
50 upvotes
emmpeethree wrote: why would you? it's just an add on if you're going to be using it a lot one day.
Because when unlimited incoming started I had to call in and get them to activate it on my account and it shows up as a addon in my services.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2003
1005 posts
407 upvotes
White Rock, BC
I never get anywhere near those speeds. I used to get above 4 Mbps in 2011, now I am lucky to break 2 Mbps with the same phone in the same area. Mostly around New Westminster and Surrey, BC.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2003
5580 posts
7779 upvotes
Vancouver
rfdghost wrote: My only question is do we lose unlimited incoming calls now that it's $2 max per day.
Yes. No more incoming free... :o
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
rfdghost wrote: Because when unlimited incoming started I had to call in and get them to activate it on my account and it shows up as a addon in my services.
You had free unlimited incoming, or was a a paid addon?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2006
7478 posts
1467 upvotes
Ottawa
It only works when you are in Wind's home network. But still nice especially for people who got their unlimited incomding grandfathered.
Jul 25, 2013
23 posts
I get decent speeds most of the time. Around 2mbps down and uploads are usually very bad lol.
This looks like a really good deal. Did anyone confirm if it's legit.