• Last Updated:
  • Aug 25th, 2015 9:26 am
Tags:
[OP]
Member
Apr 15, 2014
279 posts
114 upvotes
Victoria, BC

[WIND Mobile] LG G4 $649 ($50) launch day

The LG G4 launches in Canada today.

Wind is also currently offering the device for $50 off.

Supplies seem to be limited as well. I reserved mine at my closest location and they only had 3 in.

Great phone if you want the specs of current flagships + removable battery/SD card clot (up to 2TB).
116 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 24, 2011
1679 posts
365 upvotes
Toronto
Totally misleading title... Please put $50 off and not just $50..

*Edit* thanks for adding the price. G4 is a superb phone and I feel competes easily with the S6.
Member
Apr 19, 2004
448 posts
40 upvotes
I broke the screen on my Nexus 5 a few weeks ago, this is incredibly tempting.

I did the math and the tabs break down like this: $5 dollars, total phone cost is $519, $15 total phone cost is $559, $25 total phone cost is $600.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My HEAT
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 8, 2013
641 posts
234 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Does Wind offer only the grey plastic back? I think Telus offers the black leather version. Not too sure, though.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Apr 21, 2004
55278 posts
20127 upvotes
ghilborn wrote: The LG G4 launches in Canada today.

Wind is also currently offering the device for $50 off.

Supplies seem to be limited as well. I reserved mine at my closest location and they only had 3 in.

Great phone if you want the specs of current flagships + removable battery/SD card clot (up to 2TB).
Is the card clot new technology?

Thanks by the way.
[OP]
Member
Apr 15, 2014
279 posts
114 upvotes
Victoria, BC
TheGivingTree wrote: Does Wind offer only the grey plastic back? I think Telus offers the black leather version. Not too sure, though.
Wind page says you get both the metallic (guessing they mean the plastic with a metallic look) and the leather in box.
[OP]
Member
Apr 15, 2014
279 posts
114 upvotes
Victoria, BC
SnowCrash wrote: I broke the screen on my Nexus 5 a few weeks ago, this is incredibly tempting.

I did the math and the tabs break down like this: $5 dollars, total phone cost is $519, $15 total phone cost is $559, $25 total phone cost is $600.
Yeah the tabs arent that great.

Im buying mine outright as I still have a $250 upgrade credit on my account when I brought my own phone a few months ago.
[OP]
Member
Apr 15, 2014
279 posts
114 upvotes
Victoria, BC
alanbrenton wrote: Is the card clot new technology?

Thanks by the way.
Its not a new technology, but alot of phones are going with the non-removable back. AKA premium build as they advertise it.

Now, alot of people prefer that, but its nice to have phones available for consumers such as myself who like having the option to buy a new battery down the road or add storage without upgrading my phone. To me it adds alot of longevity to the phones.
[OP]
Member
Apr 15, 2014
279 posts
114 upvotes
Victoria, BC
mingsheng wrote: Not much difference comparing G3
True, but you get a better processor, better camera, more ram (than the 2gb version), better UI and the processor is much more efficient = more battery life.
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2005
1114 posts
17 upvotes
GTA
SnowCrash wrote: I broke the screen on my Nexus 5 a few weeks ago, this is incredibly tempting.

I did the math and the tabs break down like this: $5 dollars, total phone cost is $519, $15 total phone cost is $559, $25 total phone cost is $600.
Can you have a tab with prepaid? $5 tab looks good.
Jr. Member
Jun 18, 2013
148 posts
112 upvotes
Brampton
I've been burned by LG one too many times. First was the promised but non-existent software support for the Optimus 2x, then the G2. The honeymoon with the G2 quickly ended when the top part of my screen would go crazy and started to tap the screen by itself(google G2 phantom touches). I've since told myself that I would never buy an LG phone again.
Member
Aug 23, 2004
349 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
fengfenglee wrote: Yea,the update was lamer than Htc m8 to m9
Screen is better also, brightness on the G3 was not too good only thing I didnt like. The brightness on G4 is at 500nits where the G3 was 360nits. comparable to iPhone 6 Plus at 554nits

"LG also claims that the phone's screen, an IPS Quantum Display that it says is the first of its kind anywhere, is 25 percent brighter (500 nits) and has a 20 percent wider color range than its previous QHD screens on mobile devices. Contrast has improved by 50 percent over last year's G3, up to 1,500:1." -CNET
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 8, 2007
9198 posts
10691 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
dryars wrote: I've been burned by LG one too many times. First was the promised but non-existent software support for the Optimus 2x, then the G2. The honeymoon with the G2 quickly ended when the top part of my screen would go crazy and started to tap the screen by itself(google G2 phantom touches). I've since told myself that I would never buy an LG phone again.
Add to that LG Canada dropped support of the G2 less tha 18 months after the phone came out. People thought this company changed its spots but it hasn't. As such resale will take a blow so either wait a bit or go with something else if support is important to you.

And to date there really isn't any stable Lollipop Roms for the CDN G2...so don't
Member
Jan 31, 2012
470 posts
246 upvotes
Fredericton
cartfan123 wrote: Add to that LG Canada dropped support of the G2 less tha 18 months after the phone came out. People thought this company changed its spots but it hasn't. As such resale will take a blow so either wait a bit or go with something else if support is important to you.

And to date there really isn't any stable Lollipop Roms for the CDN G2...so don't
My G2 still runs flawlessly. I've owned many devices, but none have held their own better than it.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7737 posts
1626 upvotes
Stupid question and totally out of the norm for RFD, but would the outright phone purchased from Wind work on Rogers/Speakout ??
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14384 posts
4373 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Wind will sell this outright to anyone, without activation? What are the LTE bands?
Member
Apr 19, 2004
448 posts
40 upvotes
hdom wrote: Stupid question and totally out of the norm for RFD, but would the outright phone purchased from Wind work on Rogers/Speakout ??
You may have to unlock it, but it would technically work. You can get unlock codes on ebay fairly cheaply
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
My HEAT

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)