Expired Hot Deals

[WIND Mobile] BONUS 2GB Data on the $40 Smartphone Plan.

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2016 2:58 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3675 posts
4338 upvotes
Toronto

[WIND Mobile] BONUS 2GB Data on the $40 Smartphone Plan.

WIND has a limited time offer, 2GB Extra Full Speed Data on their $40 Plan. Usually 3GB now 5GB before it slows down.

https://www.windmobile.ca/40-bonus

Ends March 31st.

Don’t miss out on this amazing plan, now loaded with even more data.

5GB full-speed data (3GB data + 2GB bonus)
Unlimited Canada-wide calling
Unlimited global text
Low international calling rates starting at 1¢/mim
Plus much more
65 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
15159 posts
3042 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Looks like the right move. Hopefully the network has improved
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3779 posts
2701 upvotes
Toronto
Going to activate this tomorrow and give it a shot.

Only thing is can I avoid a credit check by paying ahead of time each month? Or will they need to do a check either way?
FreezingCanada wrote: We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Jun 16, 2007
855 posts
408 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: Looks like the right move. Hopefully the network has improved
i just switched from wind to koodo. i can personally vouch that their network is still garbage in most areas around the GTA.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
16791 posts
9566 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
If it's 5-GB before it slows down, I wonder how slow it will be when the network does 'slow down'.... You might be able to see the '1's and '0's flying through the air to your phone.
Aug 29, 2012
59 posts
12 upvotes
Mississauga
Furtive wrote: i just switched from wind to koodo. i can personally vouch that their network is still garbage in most areas around the GTA.
True that. I'm thinking of doing the same before the next billing cycle. Wind is still garb, calls goes straight to VM and choppy when connected. Stay far away from Wind, my two cents.
Dec 22, 2010
160 posts
111 upvotes
Kitchener
God these plans are god awful now a days. 3GB of 3g data for $40 a month, these are almost Robbers prices already without any network upgrades. It's going to be a sad day if I ever have to give up my 10GB a month for $44 dollars.
Jun 16, 2007
855 posts
408 upvotes
desidude75 wrote: True that. I'm thinking of doing the same before the next billing cycle. Wind is still garb, calls goes straight to VM and choppy when connected. Stay far away from Wind, my two cents.
The worst part about Wind is that it doesn't even tell you you don't have signal. It can show 3 or 4 bars, and have 3G displayed, but pages don't load, maps can't be displayed, and the whole time you're turning on and off airplane mode trying to get it to work.

However, I'll say this, Wind is the best Canadian network...for use in the United States. For $15 add-on, you get nearly unlimited everything using T-Mobile or AT&T towers and it's fast. So get Wind only if you visit the US a lot and need data there, otherwise if you're in the GTA, stay far, far away from Wind
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2011
2392 posts
638 upvotes
Toronto
Lol this is so sad. I remember when I had unlimited talk/text/data (5gb) for $29. The data was unusable and calls were horrible quality. It's so sad that now they've almost doubled the price, with no improvement to their service.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2012
3675 posts
4338 upvotes
Toronto
CoolDudeClan wrote: Going to activate this tomorrow and give it a shot.

Only thing is can I avoid a credit check by paying ahead of time each month? Or will they need to do a check either way?
Ya you can go prepaid.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3779 posts
2701 upvotes
Toronto
^ thanks.

I feel like the old saying about it being too good to be true applies, but it is tempting, I will say that.

I read a lot more negative than positive reviews so that's scary
FreezingCanada wrote: We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1508 posts
824 upvotes
Furtive wrote: The worst part about Wind is that it doesn't even tell you you don't have signal. It can show 3 or 4 bars, and have 3G displayed, but pages don't load, maps can't be displayed, and the whole time you're turning on and off airplane mode trying to get it to work.

However, I'll say this, Wind is the best Canadian network...for use in the United States.
I had the same experience, 5 bar yet not able to use it.
and LOL I totally agree such a great price for USA roaming... now that im with koodo I get a wind usa plan for one month if going to the states for a more then a week... cheaper then koodo usa roaming plans
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13951 posts
4048 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Furtive wrote: However, I'll say this, Wind is the best Canadian network...for use in the United States. For $15 add-on, you get nearly unlimited everything using T-Mobile or AT&T towers and it's fast. So get Wind only if you visit the US a lot and need data there, otherwise if you're in the GTA, stay far, far away from Wind
torontokris wrote: I had the same experience, 5 bar yet not able to use it.
and LOL I totally agree such a great price for USA roaming... now that im with koodo I get a wind usa plan for one month if going to the states for a more then a week... cheaper then koodo usa roaming plans
I've kept my Pay Your Way account mainly just for that purpose. Put $40 in every 6 months. I never use the service while in Canada, so when I do go to the States (no more than 2 or 3 times a year), there is sufficient balance in the account to cover the roaming charges. I don't use much voice, mainly just some texting and data when roaming. 5 cents per MB of roaming data is pretty decent for light to medium use.
Jan 26, 2014
890 posts
535 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Lol at least with mobilicity you get a constant 1.5 Mbps.
Banned
Mar 4, 2016
132 posts
24 upvotes
Rogido wrote: I've kept my Pay Your Way account mainly just for that purpose. Put $40 in every 6 months. I never use the service while in Canada, so when I do go to the States (no more than 2 or 3 times a year), there is sufficient balance in the account to cover the roaming charges. I don't use much voice, mainly just some texting and data when roaming. 5 cents per MB of roaming data is pretty decent for light to medium use.
If you barely use the $ 40 you can transfer them to someone else and your account will still be active for 6 months, and the $ 40 won't be lost. So you can add $ 40 , account becomes active for 6 months, then very next day you transfer the $ 40 to someone else. Now you neither lose the $ 40 , nor the 6 months :)
Banned
Mar 4, 2016
132 posts
24 upvotes
Depending where you are its excellent reception. I mostly use it at home or at work place, luckily for me at both places their reception is excellent.

But if you are travelling all over the city and need data coverage at each and every point say grocery store, movies, restaurant, stuck in traffic, friends place , just walking down the street etc then its a hit and miss. Luckily most of these places now have free Wi Fi.
Deal Addict
May 9, 2003
1460 posts
359 upvotes
mohinimohan789 wrote: If you barely use the $ 40 you can transfer them to someone else and your account will still be active for 6 months, and the $ 40 won't be lost. So you can add $ 40 , account becomes active for 6 months, then very next day you transfer the $ 40 to someone else. Now you neither lose the $ 40 , nor the 6 months :)
People have had their account shut down for this so do this at your own risk.