Cell Phones

Wind Mobile is deceiving customers by falsely advertising areas of cellular service

Poll: How is Wind Mobile Customer Service?

• Total votes: 38. You have voted on this poll.
Average

37%
Poor

16%
Horrible

11%
Beyond Horrible

37%
[OP]
Mar 3, 2013
3 posts
MISSISSAUGA

Wind Mobile is deceiving customers by falsely advertising areas of cellular service

We have gone back and forth with Wind Mobile about cellular coverage not working for our phone at our house as well as my father's work place in Mississauga (both of these areas show full coverage on Wind Mobile coverage Maps). We have followed all instructions from resetting the phone, calling customer service, and contacting CCTS. It's been over a month and we have not had a reasonable resolution in this matter. We have been getting a run around and feel Wind Mobile is following unethical and unfair business practices.

Wind Mobile should update their service coverage maps to reflect the actual service coverage, and also refund all their existing customers costs of their hardware and subscriptions who are also victims of false advertising. Lastly, they should re-visit their customer service policies and processes so they are ethical and actually useful rather than giving customers a hard time. It would also help if the customer service can understand a word or two of English besides hello how are you I will write your complain down.

Thanks
27 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2455 posts
1004 upvotes
Burnaby
why did i know this poster would only have 1 post.....

however i will say this. the coverage maps are based on the theoretical range of the towers in an open, flat field. It does not take into account buildings, trees or being 10ft underground in a basement.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5151 posts
547 upvotes
Toronto
No carrier, not even the Big 3, guarantees you will have signal when within their coverage map.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
4336 posts
554 upvotes
Messed Up Area
As well no carrier gaurantees coverage withing buildings.
Sep 21, 2004
10536 posts
4870 upvotes
Calgary
LOL at the skewed polls. What is this, Fox News?
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2010
1425 posts
187 upvotes
Lol, you had 14 days to refund.

In 14 days you didn't realize you didn't have reception?
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
15648 posts
2272 upvotes
epik89 wrote: Lol, you had 14 days to refund.
In 14 days you didn't realize you didn't have reception?
+1
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2455 posts
1004 upvotes
Burnaby
look what i found on the web:
[QUOTE]skhan81

Mar 4, 2013
Horrible cellular coverage and poor customer service
Wind Mobile is deceiving new and existing customers by falsely advertising areas of cellular service, and provide poor quality customer service. We have gone back and forth with Wind Mobile about cellular coverage not working for our phone at our house as well as my father's work place in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada (both of these areas show full coverage on Wind Mobile coverage Maps).

We have followed all instructions from resetting the phone, calling customer service, and contacting CCTS. It's been over a month and we have not had a reasonable resolution in this matter. We have been getting a run around and feel Wind Mobile is following unethical and unfair business practices.

Wind Mobile is not returning our hardware nor allowing us to exchange it for a phone that may work. They should update their service coverage maps to reflect the actual service coverage, and also refund all their existing customers costs of their hardware and subscriptions who are also victims of false advertising. They should also re-visit their customer service policies, processes, and get new agents that can communicate in English more than just two or three sentences.
[/QUOTE]

http://www.reviewstalk.com/complaints-r ... 27136.html
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
20617 posts
2958 upvotes
Niagara Falls
I haven't had a chance to fully test Wind's network in Niagara yet, still waiting to pickup a good phone, hopefully this Thursday, but so far I've gotten service in many places their maps would say I have no service in. I'm a rather heavy user of both data and talk so the most affordable plan through Rogers retention's I could get was $72 plus tax. When Wind had their $29 unlimited plan I jumped on it.

As soon as I pick up my Galaxy Nexus I am going to give wind a solid month or two of good use and if the coverage is good enough I'll be porting my number.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2004
1518 posts
238 upvotes
If you rarely stray from the "Wind Home" zone, Wind is a decent cell company as long as you never need to contact their customer service.
Mar 17, 2008
30 posts
1 upvote
Windsor
The only thing that looks questionable that I've seen from Wind so far is their 'Fair usage' policy for their unlimited data that will severely throttle data speeds

unfortunately, we're just on the fringe of a service area so it's not an option here or I'd try them out for my wife...
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
12106 posts
3178 upvotes
well considering you are paying $30 for unlimited calling + unlimited text + 5GB of fast data I would hardly call that "questionable"
CPersyn wrote: The only thing that looks questionable that I've seen from Wind so far is their 'Fair usage' policy for their unlimited data that will severely throttle data speeds

unfortunately, we're just on the fringe of a service area so it's not an option here or I'd try them out for my wife...
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
12106 posts
3178 upvotes
lololol
b166er1337 wrote: LOL at the skewed polls. What is this, Fox News?
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4113 posts
299 upvotes
New Westminster
I've heard so many people complain about this and seeing what coverage they offer in GVR i am too scared to even try them.

Also everyone here at one time had only 1 post! Most came here for one reason or another and made a first thread so give the guy a break unless his future posts prove to be the same.
Poor Grammar and being long winded don't fit well together, Oh well.
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
13095 posts
1912 upvotes
Toronto
wind is great for me. Full bars wherever i go in the GTA and blazing fast data speeds. $30 a month, pshhhh im happy. I switched from mobilicity
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2006
1604 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
At least in Toronto, everyone I've known that uses Wind love the pricing, but complain about horrible coverage (I think it's even worse in buildings than other carriers?). e.g. my friend downtown says she loses reception the second she puts the phone on the other side of her desk at work lol :D

I've also heard a few who have had no problems so hit or miss. The good news was that they gave a complete refund.
Had terrible reception in Scarborough at least...

In my house you get no reception literally everywhere, but I guess you can't beat their pricing.

Mobilicity, Fido, and Rogers I get great reception anywhere in the GTA though.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
5911 posts
1395 upvotes
CPersyn wrote: misinterpreted their Fair usage policy...

http://www2.windmobile.ca/wind%20docs/w ... 050111.pdf
What's to interpret? It clearly says that you may be throttled after 6GB. The Big 3 charge you $30 for 6 GB, so having unlimited voice, sms, mms added in for another $10 is cheap.

It's mobile data, not a replacement for your home internet. Only time I've gone over 6GB was using my data connection for torrents & newsgroups. Most times I'm under 2GB.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA

「上上下下左右左右BA」