Cell Phones

Wind Moto X received Lollipop OTA update, does it work this time?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 13th, 2015 12:42 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 9, 2008
28 posts
2 upvotes
GTA

Wind Moto X received Lollipop OTA update, does it work this time?

Not sure if I should update it, already replaced phone once, don't want to go through again.
But It really can't be fail again.
6 replies
Banned
Feb 13, 2015
1059 posts
243 upvotes
Oakville, ON
Its good, updated my fathers Moto G on Wind this morning. Fully functional. Should work with Moto X as well as ling as they are 1st gen.
Feb 25, 2007
75 posts
13 upvotes
I'm a bit late into the upgrade for my Moto X (2014) on Wind. I never updated to 5.0 the first round, but kept getting the message to upgrade but just ignored because of the issues. Upgrade version 22.21.22 en CA. Going forward
I'm still getting OTA message for upgrade but version hasn't changed. Anyone know what the new version # is? Do you think it would be safe to upgrade?

Also checked release notes and its dated Jan. 14-2015. Seems like the old version its still stuck on. How can I get the new one as using System Updates in Settings it still previouse version
[OP]
Feb 9, 2008
28 posts
2 upvotes
GTA
I updated, no problem at all. I'm already very familiar with lollipop from another device.
The system version is 22.24.5 and the kernel Wes build on Jan 29.
Feb 25, 2007
75 posts
13 upvotes
Can't get rid of the old update 22.21.22 en CA. Any ideas on how to get the newer update or should I just sit tight and wait?
Jul 12, 2015
1 posts
Edmonton, AB
I realize that this is somewhat late :) , but I just changed over to Wind and bought the Moto X 2nd gen. I had been warned when I bought it not to upgrade because of the problems with it. So I've been reluctant to agree to the upgrade when it asks.
Now that I know it's not the problem version they are asking me to download, I'll go ahead and do it. Thanks for the entry and PEACE!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)