Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
WIND Mobile

new mobile plans

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 28th, 2015 8:24 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5156 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough

[WIND Mobile] new mobile plans

$50 for 10gb plan with unlimited calling, text, all calling features including voice mail, plus US roaming.

$45 plan with same features as above but only 5gb data at full speed

$40 plan and you get 3gb

$35 plan with 2gb

since ive been using my data on wind a lot, I decided to go ahead with the 10gb plan for $50...For me since wind is overall reliable, this is an amazing deal!
365 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2737 upvotes
ON
Inb4 the bashing (usually from people who actually don't use the service, or did when it was just starting out)

These are actually good plans. I heard talk of wanting to increase their ARPU, which most took as raising prices. But this seems in line with existing good plans.

E.g. $45 is basically HMP with US roaming add on for $5.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2010
1348 posts
701 upvotes
Surrey
So I guess I should stick to my $40 5gb plan.

BTW do they throttle data just like before or are these like big 3?
0 tolerance for BS.
If I downvote, chances are it's less about the deal, and more about OP's inability to take criticism and constantly favoring their deal due to their ego.
A fool and his money are soon parted.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5156 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
grayhal wrote: So I guess I should stick to my $40 5gb plan.

BTW do they throttle data just like before or are these like big 3?
after you reach the allotted data for your plan then wind will throttle your speeds to pretty much unusable levels. Sometimes the data is slower, and other times its faster. For me, on average I get around 3mbps which is plenty good enough for mobile imo.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Sep 27, 2005
787 posts
174 upvotes
Wow, far cry from the $35 unlimited data plans they started with. Glad I got in when the gettin was good.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
how are the worse plans hot deals now?

wind introduced lower data per price point - cold as ice.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 26, 2011
2609 posts
681 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mr_saturn wrote: Wow, far cry from the $35 unlimited data plans they started with. Glad I got in when the gettin was good.
So you're on the new $45 plan?
Member
User avatar
Apr 21, 2015
367 posts
452 upvotes
Calgary, AB
aqnd wrote: Inb4 the bashing (usually from people who actually don't use the service, or did when it was just starting out)
I've been using Wind for 4 months now. The data service is terrible. Considering moving down from my $44 unlimited everything to the $35 plan and saving myself $9.
Sr. Member
Aug 7, 2004
641 posts
153 upvotes
towers229 wrote: I've been using Wind for 4 months now. The data service is terrible. Considering moving down from my $44 unlimited everything to the $35 plan and saving myself $9.
Raising prices is a good thing for Wind. It means they are trying fund upgrades to their network.
[OP]
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5156 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
Financials wrote: how are the worse plans hot deals now?

wind introduced lower data per price point - cold as ice.
I think its reasonable...most people don't use that much mobile data anyways so it doesn't really matter if they lowered it or not. The best plan is the $50 plan with 10gb data
[OP]
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5156 posts
1887 upvotes
Scarborough
towers229 wrote: I've been using Wind for 4 months now. The data service is terrible. Considering moving down from my $44 unlimited everything to the $35 plan and saving myself $9.
you're from alberta so I can't comment on winds service over there..but here in Toronto, in the area I live in, the service is pretty decent.
Member
User avatar
Apr 21, 2015
367 posts
452 upvotes
Calgary, AB
blaznazn22 wrote: you're from alberta so I can't comment on winds service over there..but here in Toronto, in the area I live in, the service is pretty decent.
Data doesn't exist in downtown Calgary. Which is funny because they have a store down here. I should have asked the Rep to do something on his phone.

When I called and created a ticket they spent 24 hours "looking into it" and then said their network was fine and closed the ticket.

If 60kbps is fine then that's okay by me but at least advertise you have a ***** network in downtown Calgary. I spent some time in the south end of Calgary and while there were some dead spots, I at least got 2or 3mb down when I had a connection.

Just frustrating because I really want to support Wind. I'm tired of Robelus.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1679 upvotes
Toronto
towers229 wrote: Data doesn't exist in downtown Calgary. Which is funny because they have a store down here. I should have asked the Rep to do something on his phone.

When I called and created a ticket they spent 24 hours "looking into it" and then said their network was fine and closed the ticket.

If 60kbps is fine then that's okay by me but at least advertise you have a ***** network in downtown Calgary. I spent some time in the south end of Calgary and while there were some dead spots, I at least got 2or 3mb down when I had a connection.

Just frustrating because I really want to support Wind. I'm tired of Robelus.
downtown TO sucks - financial district is death. suburbs are fine though. its tough.
Member
Jan 23, 2012
485 posts
280 upvotes
Innisfil
Crappy service, crappy company with crappy price. Hot deal? I would not recommend them even if you pay me. It's only enough a one time emergency case when you are outside of GTA and NO reception.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Apr 8, 2009
560 posts
184 upvotes
B.C
doctor80 wrote: Crappy service, crappy company with crappy price. Hot deal? I would not recommend them even if you pay me. It's only enough a one time emergency case when you are outside of GTA and NO reception.
Wouldn't recommend even to my worst enemy. LOL!
Moderator
User avatar
Sep 21, 2004
11172 posts
6308 upvotes
Calgary
doctor80 wrote: Crappy service, crappy company with crappy price. Hot deal? I would not recommend them even if you pay me. It's only enough a one time emergency case when you are outside of GTA and NO reception.
Clearly you don't understand the concept of roaming.
Banned
Oct 7, 2016
45 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
doctor80 wrote: Crappy service, crappy company with crappy price. Hot deal? I would not recommend them even if you pay me. It's only enough a one time emergency case when you are outside of GTA and NO reception.
I have had service in Niagara with Wind. Dont know what your problem is, I guess you had a crappy phone
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2008
6298 posts
2532 upvotes
So even Wind is jumping on the bandwagon now and scaling back its plans?
What else do they possibly have going for them now!!

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)