• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2014 12:34 am
124 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2006
3725 posts
997 upvotes
Home
The $25 deal will attract many (if any left) Mobillicity users on $25 BTS plan.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2008
1962 posts
195 upvotes
If they can only just hold the $25 pricing, I would definitely move. Since it's only for the first 6 months, I don't want to change over to their more expensive plans afterwards.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
2476 posts
251 upvotes
North York
I don't see any savings, unless it's confirmed that Mobilicity is shutting down services by Dec. 31st.

I've been paying $25 for the same unlimited plan to Mobilicity for nearly 3.5 yrs.

Also Wind's network still isn't all that great in my area, so even if they offered life time plan for $25 I'd hold off.

$20 maybe, $15 very likely.
LOL
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Google Nexus via Mobilicity $25 BTS unlimited talk/text/data

:lol: $5,000.00 CASH < 2 Minutes :lol:
:lol: McD's
Online Monopoly Winner :lol:
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1730 posts
145 upvotes
Ottawa
yea im paying $26.25 after tax cuz of the $2 off a month code. for the last 3 years. i'd only switch if they matched that
Nov 22, 2011
319 posts
153 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
I wonder if there's a way for a non Mobilicity customer to get in on this deal.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5238 posts
615 upvotes
Toronto
isajoo wrote: I don't see any savings, unless it's confirmed that Mobilicity is shutting down services by Dec. 31st.

I've been paying $25 for the same unlimited plan to Mobilicity for nearly 3.5 yrs.

Also Wind's network still isn't all that great in my area, so even if they offered life time plan for $25 I'd hold off.

$20 maybe, $15 very likely.
LOL
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH unlimited everything on Wind for $20 or $15 just for you to switch :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

On another note, if they made the $25 plan permanent, or offered it for $30 permanent I'd switch my brothers $25 BTS Mobi plan immediately.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
2476 posts
251 upvotes
North York
icemasta wrote: HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH unlimited everything on Wind for $20 or $15 just for you to switch :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I was joking... But if they seriously expect current Mobilicity customers to switch they need to at least match past unlimited Mobilicity promos for 6-12 months @ $12.50-22.50 month.

Otherwise it's just not worth it to switch for many.

Unless it's truly confirmed Mobilicity is going away, but even then I'd switch to a prepaid service like speak out, to first judge if I really need to spend $25-35 every month for unlimited and h most likely by that time another promo will be available by some other provider.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Google Nexus via Mobilicity $25 BTS unlimited talk/text/data

:lol: $5,000.00 CASH < 2 Minutes :lol:
:lol: McD's
Online Monopoly Winner :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5238 posts
615 upvotes
Toronto
isajoo wrote: I was joking... But if they seriously expect current Mobilicity customers to switch they need to at least match past unlimited Mobilicity promos for 6-12 months @ $12.50-22.50 month.

Otherwise it's just not worth it to switch for many.

Unless it's truly confirmed Mobilicity is going away, but even then I'd switch to a prepaid service like speak out, to first judge if I really need to spend $25-35 every month for unlimited and h most likely by that time another promo will be available by some other provider.
I'd say offering there $35 for $30 permanent would be the minimum to entice Mobilicity customers. Mobi customers, in my opinion, are on an inferior network in terms of data speeds and coverage. Can't expect to pay the same race-to-the-bottom pricing Mobi provides to a more established player for the same features.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2005
7224 posts
1315 upvotes
Ottawa
I signed up a basic line for my mom on BF - $15 unlimited calling. Unfortunately, you pay for 2 months of service, so wind will not attract many of those folks as they've already paid til Jan 27th. Poor timing on their part. Maybe it'll get extended.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2002
2282 posts
588 upvotes
Halton
Wind should target big 3 instead of other small provider.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
1483 posts
340 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Fire wrote: Wind should target big 3 instead of other small provider.
Or maybe wind needs force multiplication before going after the big 3...

Meanwhile, I hear you, form an alliance with mobilicity or something right instead of taking them down like this :/
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1788 posts
173 upvotes
Vancouver
If only the $25 was permanent and not 6 months, I'd jump.
Mar 21, 2005
200 posts
70 upvotes
I am on the $29 current promo from mobilicity anyone thinks we will loose our number come dec 31?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 26, 2006
5238 posts
615 upvotes
Toronto
ultimate wrote: I am on the $29 current promo from mobilicity anyone thinks we will loose our number come dec 31?
Very highly doubt it.
Banned
Oct 19, 2010
7433 posts
1141 upvotes
Mississauga East
PiusPatronus wrote: If they can only just hold the $25 pricing, I would definitely move. Since it's only for the first 6 months, I don't want to change over to their more expensive plans afterwards.
I am on $35 for everything including global texting.
I am staying with Mobilicity

I hope some people leave so the data service improves!
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2119 posts
2445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
We live on a highrise in downtown Toronto, on the 21st floor. Our next door neighbor with Wind can barely get signal in his own apartment. My two brothers with Mobilicity have good reception even in our own home.