Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
1597 posts
919 upvotes
Toronto

Window shades

Looking to get some shades for several windows. Was thinking about getting roller shades (some motorized as the windows are higher up and hard to reach). The main purpose of these shades is 80% cooling/letting less light in (as these windows let a lot of sun in in the mornings) and 20% privacy.

Any recommendations on the best places to get these from (purchase and installation)? Also, are roller shades a good way to go?
3 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
4321 posts
632 upvotes
Georgetown
I just put up some cellular shades bought from Bali through Costco. I am quite pleased with them. I didn't get them motorized, but that is an option. Bali sells different kinds of shades so you could do a comparison there. Installing the cellular shades was incredibly easy and there is no need to have someone else do it if you can put in a couple screws. I bring up Bali through Costco as it seemed like that was the best price for that level of quality product (when on sale). Hopefully others weigh in with other options/opinions.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
1597 posts
919 upvotes
Toronto
Tiberius wrote: I just put up some cellular shades bought from Bali through Costco. I am quite pleased with them. I didn't get them motorized, but that is an option. Bali sells different kinds of shades so you could do a comparison there. Installing the cellular shades was incredibly easy and there is no need to have someone else do it if you can put in a couple screws. I bring up Bali through Costco as it seemed like that was the best price for that level of quality product (when on sale). Hopefully others weigh in with other options/opinions.
Thanks I'll check them out.