• Last Updated:
  • Jan 5th, 2020 12:06 am
[OP]
Oct 25, 2008
230 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto

Window tinting

Anyone know any reputable window tinting places in Mississauga? Looking for ceramic and maybe pay cash for a discount lool thanks in advance.
56 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
12649 posts
4259 upvotes
Ontario
www.pureauto.ca

Got mine done there with Ceramic. They are very good and would likely do Cash deals.

quote=Shanks post_id=31090650 time=1561471172 user_id=189648]
Anyone know any reputable window tinting places in Mississauga? Looking for ceramic and maybe pay cash for a discount lool thanks in advance.
[/quote]
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
3898 posts
3765 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I can't recommend one in Mississauga, but just want to add, make sure you get the Ceramic tint. It is really good.
When I shopping for my tint, one shop try to tell me don't do Ceramic, just do reg tint. So know what you want.
Bright side of RFD: Often find good deal
Dark side of RFD: Tons of stuff that I don't need but still got them because of RFD
[OP]
Oct 25, 2008
230 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone know auto tint express? They quoted me 320 for 3M ceramic tinting all round cash. Pure Auto said 350 cash for all round tint.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
31270 posts
17843 upvotes
Toronto
that's a decent price .... for ceramic
[OP]
Oct 25, 2008
230 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone familiar with 3M's ceramic tint? I can't really find any reviews on it.
Jul 25, 2018
784 posts
1236 upvotes
Milton, ON
A bit far from Mississauga, but Film Pros in Kitchener (formally Image 1) has always done exceptionally with my cars. The owner's name is Milan and he used to be my neighbour when I lived in the area, great guy and fair pricing. I only discovered him because his truck has his business decal on the side and I looked him up. Glad I did.

I live in Milton now but still make the drive to tint my cars (I've done a BMW, Mercedes and Toyota with him) and never once had an issue after the fact. The oldest car I tinted with him was three years ago, looked just as perfect as day one when I traded it in. He doesn't even have a website but it goes to show you how good he is since he can get by on word of mouth alone.

I'm not getting any kickback from him or anything, it's just my experience that he does the job right the first time. He probably won't be the cheapest but if you value your mental health and time, he's the go-to person imo.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
3444 posts
1480 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Any good tinting shop in Toronto (North area)?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2009
1654 posts
1629 upvotes
Do your cars with ceramic tint stay cooler in the summer?
Wallet safe...
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
3444 posts
1480 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Anyone know SRS Tinting solution (srstints.ca) in Mississauga?

They quoted me for ceramic tint for CRV for side windows and back

Premium Suntek ceramic $249 cash
Xpel XL ceramic series $320 cash
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
3444 posts
1480 upvotes
Toronto, ON
If you have privacy glass on back windows, do you still recommend it to be tinted?
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2004
3086 posts
1410 upvotes
D0ntgiveajack wrote: Do your cars with ceramic tint stay cooler in the summer?
Yes they definitely do.
boldventure wrote: If you have privacy glass on back windows, do you still recommend it to be tinted?
Yes, as getting a clear film on them will help reduce the UVs and heat noticeably over just the factory darkened windows.
Apr 26, 2019
263 posts
335 upvotes
GTA
boldventure wrote: If you have privacy glass on back windows, do you still recommend it to be tinted?
Yes, you can get 80/90% tint over the privacy glass.

Privacy glass doesn't really block UVA rays (though all glass blocks UVB) and doesn't block much heat either.

The difference between ceramic tint and no tint in terms of heat rejection is very noticeable.
Aug 25, 2005
832 posts
88 upvotes
D0ntgiveajack wrote: Do your cars with ceramic tint stay cooler in the summer?
Yes. At one point I had a used car with tinted (dyed) tint. I changed to ceramic tint and it made a huge difference in temperature. There's a lot more solar rejection with ceramic tint. Most tine shops will have a demo showing you differences between no tint, dyed tint and ceramic tint.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
3939 posts
2164 upvotes
Toronto, ON
http://audioheaven.ca/

Best place for Tints. Got it done on my C300 last year and still looks new!
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
12480 posts
2729 upvotes
Mississauga
I had mine done at Auto Tint Express on Mississauga Rd, just north of Streetsville. Nice guys, good pricing and they did a great job. Despite the "express" in their name, they're a bit slow so be warned.
Jun 8, 2019
73 posts
16 upvotes
GTA
cheapshopper wrote: I can't recommend one in Mississauga, but just want to add, make sure you get the Ceramic tint. It is really good.
When I shopping for my tint, one shop try to tell me don't do Ceramic, just do reg tint. So know what you want.
Just a little bit off topic - if you decide on a tint, make sure it is a legal tint, ie. not too dark, because if you have an accident because your tint was too dark - your insurance company might not pay your claim. Just my 2 cents.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2014
1041 posts
866 upvotes
Toronto, ON
slickone19 wrote: Just a little bit off topic - if you decide on a tint, make sure it is a legal tint, ie. not too dark, because if you have an accident because your tint was too dark - your insurance company might not pay your claim. Just my 2 cents.
Don't tint your licence plate cover either.
Please respond
Aug 22, 2012
111 posts
3 upvotes
K-W
Just wanted to add that I got my car tinted at Film Pros in Kitchener about 4 weeks ago. The folks were reachable by phone, friendly, flexible, and understanding in terms of fitting me in when I had to rebook appointments a few times, will shuttle you nearby, and seem to have a done a good job. I paid close to $500 (including tax) for a mid-grade tint (there was a small deal on at the time) and it is one of those things that once you do it, you'll wonder why you didn't do it sooner. I can definitely feel a difference with the sun but to be truthful, as Redac says, the shop had a heat lamp which clearly demonstrates the affects of the various grades of tint. If you can afford it, go with Ceramic because it will cut down virtually all the heat from the sun. If you are on more of a budget, a mid grade film is a good idea, but knowing what I know now, I would have done it sooner and paid the extra money to cut the heat down even more.

In thinking about it, I think I overpaid a bit but the service was really good, flexible, and local (autobahn tint - lifetime warranty).

In a way, I feel like you get a rebate over time, because I find myself using the A/C on a much lower setting, which of course saves you on gas and therefore $$$ over time. My arms would get quite hot in the sun sometimes but now, I barely feel it.

Mr. Gisa
edited to remove a stupid thing I just learned (front windshields don't get tinted!)
Last edited by mrgisa on Jul 17th, 2019 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.