• May 31st, 2021 11:26 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
1725 posts
1027 upvotes
Toronto

Window well covers

Does anyone have any recommendations for a place that sells and installs polycarbonate window well covers (not the cheap plastic ones)?

Racoons are using a window well as a toilet and I want to put a stop to that.
5 replies
May 6, 2010
694 posts
139 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I screwed metal mesh with L brackets and covered on top with plastic covers from HD (they are not cheap BTW)
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
22137 posts
8496 upvotes
Socially Distanced
HarpreetB99405 wrote: I've replaced my plastic covers with these ones.
https://www.rona.ca/en/window-well-cover-4388015

They're a bit pricey, but should last way longer than those cheap plastic ones which rot away in a few years.
This is what i wanted to suggest, saw them in store years ago, have a pic somewhere in the phone.

In the end OP can use plywood if its just for raccoons, even at todays high prices its cheaper than this and should do until the racoons move on.
But this is much more permanent and less utilitarian.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2013
1725 posts
1027 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I think I'm going to go with the ones HarpreetB99405 suggests.

@HarpreetB99405, for the install, can they be angles so than rain flows away from the house or can they only be installed flat?
Nov 2, 2018
58 posts
40 upvotes
lpin14 wrote: Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I think I'm going to go with the ones HarpreetB99405 suggests.

@HarpreetB99405, for the install, can they be angles so than rain flows away from the house or can they only be installed flat?
I think by default they can only be installed flat. You can in a way install them at some angle by using a tapered wood shim behind the provided aluminium angle.