88 upvotes
GTA West

Windows 10 home $39.99 and Pro $44.99

Price:
$39.99
Savings:
79%
Removed by mods
Last edited by Sonofman on Apr 15th, 2020 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Share:
73 replies
Dec 16, 2017
73 posts
71 upvotes
Honestly it’s not hard to find cheap Windows 10 keys. Kinguin and Ebay have keys for very cheap too. Ebay has them for five bucks.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1998 posts
841 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Sounds exactly like the people in r/microXXXXXXXXXswap. Whom sells MSDN keys. Which are illegal to sell. (X'd out the name)

The company you linked says you get "Includes a 1-PC, unlimited lifetime licence"
[OP]
Oct 18, 2019
201 posts
88 upvotes
GTA West
home800011315348 wrote: Honestly it’s not hard to find cheap Windows 10 keys. Kinguin and Ebay have keys for very cheap too. Ebay has them for five bucks.
Yeah, but the only difference with those places they ain't legit, this apparently is or at least it seems that way
Dec 12, 2012
361 posts
233 upvotes
Winnipeg
If you are running an older version of Windows you can still upgrade to 10 for free from Microsoft.
Feb 5, 2007
695 posts
296 upvotes
Mississauga
I used to pirate but just learned theres a very simple way of using command prompt and inserting the key. Even my very non-techie friend was able to follow the step by step guide and activate windows
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2011
1998 posts
841 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Sonofman wrote: Yeah, but the only difference with those places they ain't legit, this apparently is or at least it seems that way
The old saying.. if it is too good to be true then....
Aug 7, 2019
118 posts
462 upvotes
Vancouver
Maybe I'm wrong but the way I see those cheap keys is that if you want to buy a legit key just buy the official Microsoft ones. 3rd party keys do work but they were never exactly meant for consumer use afaik. Not to mention some of them could be stolen. I would prefer to use a script and permanently sign my hardware instead of giving my money to the wrong people.
[OP]
Oct 18, 2019
201 posts
88 upvotes
GTA West
DDHLeigh wrote: The old saying.. if it is too good to be true then....
I know dude but the company is a legit one, it not like buying from a scammer on eBay or where ever
Last edited by Sonofman on Apr 15th, 2020 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 2, 2016
229 posts
235 upvotes
This would only be hot if 100% legit. I got one from Kinguin not to long ago, fair bit cheaper than this. Worked fine. Had to activate by phone like they said I would, only took 3 minutes though. Worth it for saving $100.
[OP]
Oct 18, 2019
201 posts
88 upvotes
GTA West
beepbeepboop wrote: Maybe I'm wrong but the way I see those cheap keys is that if you want to buy a legit key just buy the official Microsoft ones. 3rd party keys do work but they were never exactly meant for consumer use afaik. Not to mention some of them could be stolen. I would prefer to use a script and permanently sign my hardware instead of giving my money to the wrong people.
But that just it these seem to be official Microsoft ones or at least that how I see it maybe I'm wrong but how does a legit company sell nonofficial ones and get away with it
Oct 13, 2018
363 posts
432 upvotes
I bought a windows 10 pro key on ebay for like $3 last year . works fine!
[OP]
Oct 18, 2019
201 posts
88 upvotes
GTA West
TusharN30757 wrote: I bought a windows 10 pro key on ebay for like $3 last year . works fine!
Yeah but those aren't official ones, this is a legit computer company selling I believe to be official ones. Again if they ain't official ones then how does a legit company be able to sell non ones? And notice they are saying it's on sale 79% off regular price
Deal Fanatic
Aug 19, 2015
6141 posts
6093 upvotes
Downtown Canada
leeoku wrote: I used to pirate but just learned theres a very simple way of using command prompt and inserting the key. Even my very non-techie friend was able to follow the step by step guide and activate windows
Do you mind sending me the instructions via PM?
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3549 posts
1663 upvotes
Ontario
Sonofman wrote: I know dude but the computer is a legit one, it not like buying from a scammer on eBay or where ever
You will get a legitimate usable key and it will properly connect to Microsoft's Server, but the keys themselves are not retail keys. Not retail keys are licensed under specific conditions. If you're buying it from a website, those conditions are not being met. The key may work for as long as you have your system, but it may not. Microsoft could cancel the keys at any time.

Europe does allow the resale of keys, but only keys that are no longer active. You'll pay more for those ones.

You'll be getting the same licensing whether you're buying from this place or from eBay or Kinguin.
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!
Jan 10, 2018
271 posts
780 upvotes
Sonofman wrote: But that just it these seem to be official Microsoft ones or at least that how I see it maybe I'm wrong but how does a legit company sell nonofficial ones and get away with it
I looked into it and this store looks legit. This is the webstore for the best-selling computer-based magazine in the UK. I highly doubt they would sell third-party licenses, and if they do, you have an entire company you can hold accountable. I very highly doubt they'd be selling unofficial keys considering they probably run Microsoft-sponsored (and other large tech companies) ads in their magazine.
Mar 14, 2017
355 posts
680 upvotes
Toronto
You can buy these on eBay (legit ones) for $3-$8. Cold
[OP]
Oct 18, 2019
201 posts
88 upvotes
GTA West
TCWeasel wrote: You will get a legitimate usable key and it will properly connect to Microsoft's Server, but the keys themselves are not retail keys. Not retail keys are licensed under specific conditions. If you're buying it from a website, those conditions are not being met. The key may work for as long as you have your system, but it may not. Microsoft could cancel the keys at any time.

Europe does allow the resale of keys, but only keys that are no longer active. You'll pay more for those ones.

You'll be getting the same licensing whether you're buying from this place or from eBay or Kinguin.
It obvious these are OEM keys since it saying on 1 PC for lifetime
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28793 posts
9265 upvotes
home800011315348 wrote: Honestly it’s not hard to find cheap Windows 10 keys. Kinguin and Ebay have keys for very cheap too. Ebay has them for five bucks.
TusharN30757 wrote: I bought a windows 10 pro key on ebay for like $3 last year . works fine!
corwal wrote: You can buy these on eBay (legit ones) for $3-$8. Cold
:facepalm:
There's no point in doing this at all (both buying the "key" and bragging about getting ripped off), you're just paying for piracy. Just pirate on your own and it costs $0 instead.
[OP]
Oct 18, 2019
201 posts
88 upvotes
GTA West
Shady67 wrote: I looked into it and this store looks legit. This is the webstore for the best-selling computer-based magazine in the UK. I highly doubt they would sell third-party licenses, and if they do, you have an entire company you can hold accountable. I very highly doubt they'd be selling unofficial keys considering they probably run Microsoft-sponsored (and other large tech companies) ads in their magazine.
Exactly there no way a legit company would sell non official Microsoft ones, these have be official Microsoft ones, yes OEM version but so what that still a really good price
Last edited by Sonofman on Apr 15th, 2020 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.