Home & Garden

Windows caulking service for the entire house

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2022 2:44 am
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2005
3247 posts
1807 upvotes
Data Point. Did my parents house. Detached house Front Door, Garage, Patio Doors, 12 windows (including basement) in Nov 2021.

Total $850.
Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
12695 posts
7861 upvotes
Paris
Shaner wrote: I'm assuming you don't have a large ladder, but if you can borrow one from a neighbour or friend, you can do this job in an hour and for like $30. You're going to pay out the ass for this job. It's a very small job so it's not worth it for companies to offer it unless they overcharge you. Plus, unless your original caulk is peeling off or is cracked and has left gaps, you don't need to replace it. Old and weathered is fine.
There is no way in the world you can properly caulk windows for $30. Thermoplastic caulk, in boxes of 10, is $10/tube and you will need at least a box.

Even silicone junk for outdoors now is $6/tube. You will need to budget 2 per window. Caulking a window is not like a tub or shower inside, you need to leave a good sized convex bead.
Last edited by Jerico on Mar 17th, 2022 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 7, 2007
516 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto
coffeeguy wrote: I have used these guys numerous times, they are definitely top end of the price scale but well worth it.
When it comes to caulking, you don't want to cheap out. I have seen some horrendous work.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)