Home & Garden

Windows film question

  • Last Updated:
  • May 4th, 2015 11:13 pm
[OP]
Member
Aug 19, 2014
216 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

Windows film question

well, summer is coming....

i'm looking for some quantities of windows film to block the sun glare...
I notice while blocking the sun, the windows film will also reduce the amount of light and heat...which could be a double edged saw if the film blocks the sun too much in winter?

I hope someone could point out a place to get some good quality windows film at reasonable price(we are at RFD).

Also, is there such a film which no matter when, the outside can never sees the inside? I know there are this privacy film which blocks view from high light. (outside can't see inside during the day, but will be able to see it during the night)
--------------------
update:having to ask a question with a very happy lady at homedepot ...I decide to buy some films from China, better qualitilty at a batch
6 replies
Deal Expert
User avatar
Oct 28, 2004
23588 posts
5838 upvotes
Toronto
inonosa wrote: Also, is there such a film which no matter when, the outside can never sees the inside? I know there are this privacy film which blocks view from high light. (outside can't see inside during the day, but will be able to see it during the night)
I think that the mirror privacy film will block the outside from ever seeing the inside - doesn't matter what time of day or night:

Image

I have seen this film at Home Depot though I don't think it is the cheapest...
http://www.homedepot.ca/product/mirrore ... eet/919621

Cheapest would probably be on aliexpress or maybe ebay or amazon?

http://www.aliexpress.com/cheap/cheap-m ... -film.html

Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
[OP]
Member
Aug 19, 2014
216 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
ji2o0k wrote: I think that the mirror privacy film will block the outside from ever seeing the inside - doesn't matter what time of day or night:

Image

I have seen this film at Home Depot though I don't think it is the cheapest...
http://www.homedepot.ca/product/mirrore ... eet/919621

Cheapest would probably be on aliexpress or maybe ebay or amazon?

http://www.aliexpress.com/cheap/cheap-m ... -film.html
if only there is a department line for windows film, so i don't need to get there and ask the "expert"....
Sr. Member
Apr 8, 2010
802 posts
455 upvotes
toronto
i got the Gilda peel and cling from home depot.

Took my time to make sure i did a good job with it. after a week, the corners started to lift to i tried to reattach with no luck. I'd stay away from this product.

I'm now looking at Apex window films to see if they might work any better
[OP]
Member
Aug 19, 2014
216 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
denti72 wrote: i got the Gilda peel and cling from home depot.

Took my time to make sure i did a good job with it. after a week, the corners started to lift to i tried to reattach with no luck. I'd stay away from this product.

I'm now looking at Apex window films to see if they might work any better
did you clean the windows surface prior to apply the film?....seems that i should watch out for the quality/brand too...
Sr. Member
Apr 8, 2010
802 posts
455 upvotes
toronto
inonosa wrote: did you clean the windows surface prior to apply the film?....seems that i should watch out for the quality/brand too...
Yup, i even spent the extra $$ on the so called installation kit which has the cleaner and other stuff.

Top