• Aug 10th, 2021 10:04 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
6211 posts
3092 upvotes
Cornwall PE

Windows Insiders - windows 11 pro

So had been suckered in some time ago by MS or windows update LOL to go for their insiders edition. Well the annoying thing is that there are updates almost weekly that requires restarts etc, on a dual booting machine this is annoying. Anyway today I noticed that I have windows 11 pro upgraded from my windows 10 pro desktop with an AMD FX-8350 8 core 4 ghz dinosaur and 16gs dd3 ram. Didn't think any of my hardware was supported, pretty sure it isn't though everything seems to be working just fine. The thing will likely update daily now.
Kind-a shows the unsporting of hardware is likely a marketing thing not really a requirement.
Images
  • Windows 11.jpg
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
7501 posts
4131 upvotes
Debtario
yeah the hardware requirements are arbitrary and artificial, windows 11 can run without issue since it's just a windows 10 facelift.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
3121 posts
1302 upvotes
Windsor
betamaxman wrote: So had been suckered in some time ago by MS or windows update LOL to go for their insiders edition. Well the annoying thing is that there are updates almost weekly that requires restarts etc, on a dual booting machine this is annoying. Anyway today I noticed that I have windows 11 pro upgraded from my windows 10 pro desktop with an AMD FX-8350 8 core 4 ghz dinosaur and 16gs dd3 ram. Didn't think any of my hardware was supported, pretty sure it isn't though everything seems to be working just fine. The thing will likely update daily now.
Kind-a shows the unsporting of hardware is likely a marketing thing not really a requirement.
Lol, that shouldn't have installed, but here we are. I think the developer stream has a destructive install of windows 11 that doesn't have the full windows 11 feature set, and you can't uninstall it. Are you on insider, or developer?

Hopefully when they figure it out and push the patch to fix it, you don't get an update that bricks your install. I would be sure I have usable backups of my important stuff on the OS drive.
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
6211 posts
3092 upvotes
Cornwall PE
ChubChub wrote: Lol, that shouldn't have installed, but here we are. I think the developer stream has a destructive install of windows 11 that doesn't have the full windows 11 feature set, and you can't uninstall it. Are you on insider, or developer?

Hopefully when they figure it out and push the patch to fix it, you don't get an update that bricks your install. I would be sure I have usable backups of my important stuff on the OS drive.
I can't remember, thinking insider, ya must be. Anyway I did read there are hacks to get 11 to install on unsupported hardware. Was to replace files in the windows 11 installation media with windows 10 files and it would then install on just about anything in the last ten years or so.
I have no quams about reinstalling, so what I think I am going to do is run the installation media creator tool and select media for this pc and see where that takes me. If it fails I will just redo windows ten, think I have a macrium reflect backup somewhere anyway. Just have to remember to backup my files, all in my documents anyway so no biggie.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
5332 posts
4025 upvotes
win 11 is still in beta, why do you want to install this so badly?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
6211 posts
3092 upvotes
Cornwall PE
evilYoda wrote: win 11 is still in beta, why do you want to install this so badly?
Don't think anyone mentioned badly needing it to be installed.
Just a discussion on how it is installed automatically with windows insider on hardware that was stating as not supporting it.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2010
1834 posts
417 upvotes
BC
betamaxman wrote: Anyway it's working just fine on my system.
If it's running fine, just leave it alone.
"Hate is a disease. It is a virus that spreads and kills."