Cell Phones

Is Wind's MOTO G unlocked or locked to wind?!

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2014 3:56 pm
[OP]
Jan 18, 2014
88 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa

Is Wind's MOTO G unlocked or locked to wind?!

Hey guys.

So I have a question,

I got a moto G Yesterday from Wind mobile. For shits and giggles, I tried to put in my deactivated rogers sim card just to see if it would ask me for an unlock code.

To my surprise, it didn't ask for an unlock code. Does this mean that this particular model is factory unlocked?
7 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2011
2324 posts
586 upvotes
Lindsay, ON
Lol, if it connected to the Rogers network then yes it is unlocked. If it didn't connect, but didn't ask for an unlock code, that doesn't mean anything. Was it a pre-owned? May have been unlocked and returned.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 23, 2013
5047 posts
635 upvotes
NORTH YORK
ottawaseller012 wrote: Hey guys.

So I have a question,

I got a moto G Yesterday from Wind mobile. For shits and giggles, I tried to put in my deactivated rogers sim card just to see if it would ask me for an unlock code.

To my surprise, it didn't ask for an unlock code. Does this mean that this particular model is factory unlocked?
I bought a Huawei Mate thinking that it was unlocked. It was locked until I spent $5 to unlock that. Maybe Wind does not bother with that dumb move entirely. Great for us all.
Do you like the phone?
Daniel

Fido $0 3Gb LTE + overage plan until Feb 2019
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
2736 posts
816 upvotes
West
Who really cares either way, I unlocked my Moto G for $3. Makes it being locked not a big deal at all. Just feel bad for the poor people who pay their provider $50 to unlock it.
Sep 21, 2004
10451 posts
4735 upvotes
Calgary
WhatsTheRush wrote: Who really cares either way, I unlocked my Moto G for $3. Makes it being locked not a big deal at all. Just feel bad for the poor people who pay their provider $50 to unlock it.
There is a sucker born every minute. :confused:
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2012
2736 posts
816 upvotes
West
b166er1337 wrote: There is a sucker born every minute. :confused:
Yup, I still get calls from "Microsoft Service Technicians"...
[OP]
Jan 18, 2014
88 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa
Phones not bad for a starter phone for android smartphones but I modded my s4 to work on wind so I don't need the moto g. Was going to give it to a friend who's still in the flip phone era but I want to make sure it's unlocked as he's on virgin and the phone was bought from wind.