Expired Hot Deals

[Windscribe] Lifetime Free VPN (50GB/month)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 21st, 2020 5:22 pm
[OP]
Feb 20, 2019
19 posts
186 upvotes

Lifetime Free VPN (50GB/month)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Windscribe
Signup for a free account with a valid email (you’ll have to validate it). Then, go to edit account/settings -> account status -> claim voucher.

Use code « BATKA420 ».

PS. “Legit” coupon (50gb/month) from the founder of Windscribe - but see screenshots please.

PS II. Windscribe Free vs Pro : https://windscribe.com/upgrade

PS III. Why it’s free? Read Windscribe’s boss answer in 2018 here : https://blog.windscribe.com/free-vpn-my ... 89aec86089

PS IV. About privacy etc., go check https://thatoneprivacysite.net for a VPN comparison. And my advice, if you’re not an expert but want a true commercial VPN, get Mullvad : https://mullvad.net/en
Images
  • 5B6F9C2E-C64F-44D6-ADFD-912DBFFBDCDE.jpeg
  • DE2D299F-373A-4BDB-B9B3-5BE1DC4614C4.jpeg
Last edited by AptypAL on Aug 11th, 2020 2:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
165 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1699 posts
9038 upvotes
"50GB/month" is extremely misleading.

This is a one-time 50 GB "allowance" of VPN use by Windscribe. You can repeatedly get 5 GB accounts free by signing up with throwaway emails.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
2935 posts
1476 upvotes
Toronto
I know this site is all about getting free/cheap stuff, but I do want to point out that this is a company trying to assist people in need of uncensored internet access for a major issue.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2010
1187 posts
582 upvotes
Waterloo
AstonM wrote: I know this site is all about getting free/cheap stuff, but I do want to point out that this is a company trying to assist people in need of uncensored internet access for a major issue.
Agreed. Please don’t abuse this...
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
33734 posts
19517 upvotes
Ottawa
Leverage wrote: "50GB/month" is extremely misleading.

This is a one-time 50 GB "allowance" of VPN use by Windscribe. You can repeatedly get 5 GB accounts free by signing up with throwaway emails.
10GB/mth for free, but limited servers only.
Jul 7, 2004
261 posts
90 upvotes
Do they still have Hong Kong servers? Fastest VPN and VPN unlimited already removed Hong Kong servers.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
33734 posts
19517 upvotes
Ottawa
net_essential wrote: Do they still have Hong Kong servers? Fastest VPN and VPN unlimited already removed Hong Kong servers.
Yes, at least with a Pro account.
Jun 24, 2016
425 posts
422 upvotes
AstonM wrote: I know this site is all about getting free/cheap stuff, but I do want to point out that this is a company trying to assist people in need of uncensored internet access for a major issue.
Uh, no. Windscribe has repeatedly refused to do a security and no-log audit of its systems, has been continually overselling its services for a while now to the point of service degradation in some server regions, and has repeatedly postponed IPv6 deployment.

It gets a little frustrating when developers only reply with platitudes than actual intention. Don't mistake this for an enterprise who's trying to help people, it's a publicity stunt.

Edit: One example of a grandiose promise is imagining that they will one day be able to provide SSH access to anyone who wants to take a look to prove that they don't log (https://i.imgur.com/nrZADWX.jpg). Yet, they've not even taken the first step of paying a few thousand for an independent security consultancy to double check that they're writing logs to /dev/null in their default config. They're so committed to security theatre, making big promises but never ever taking steps to act on it.
Last edited by Omesuri on Aug 11th, 2020 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2011
8503 posts
11943 upvotes
Leverage wrote: "50GB/month" is extremely misleading.

vkizzle wrote: 10GB/mth for free, but limited servers only.

I don't know about this specific deal, but they have definitely given away better free lifetime deals.

I can't remember when I signed up with them, but I have 60GB each and every month for free!

Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2002
1562 posts
374 upvotes
Toronto
Omesuri wrote: Uh, no. Windscribe has repeatedly refused to do a security and no-log audit of its systems, has been continually overselling its services for a while now to the point of service degradation in some server regions, and has repeatedly postponed IPv6 deployment.

It gets a little frustrating when developers only reply with platitudes than actual intention. Don't mistake this for an enterprise who's trying to help people, it's a publicity stunt.
I thought Windscribe was one of the "good ones" in a field of skeezy VPNs. All the "reviews" are a sham too. What do you recommend for VPN?
How I try to save money: Zoomer Wireless $36 4GB LTE / Teksavvy rCable $64 100 / Freephoneline $0 / No TV! / Flipp
How I try to make money: Stack Mastercard / Amex Biz Plat & Cobalt / GCR / Rakuten / Plastiq / Paymi
Feb 13, 2018
32 posts
16 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: 10GB/mth for free, but limited servers only.
+5GB if you retweet their tweet for every subsequent month. If you are not looking for high speeds and very light use, this is by far the best VPN out there.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1740 posts
943 upvotes
she/her, Toronto
net_essential wrote: Do they still have Hong Kong servers? Fastest VPN and VPN unlimited already removed Hong Kong servers.
Yes, they still have two HK servers: https://windscribe.com/status
Not sure if they're accessible on Free accounts but I can access them on PRO.
Jun 1, 2016
35 posts
32 upvotes
Toronto
If you guys didn't know, Windscribe VPN works on US Netflix. Just finished watching Person of Interest.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
33734 posts
19517 upvotes
Ottawa
Kiuren wrote: If you guys didn't know, Windscribe VPN works on US Netflix. Just finished watching Person of Interest.
Including Canada, UK and Japan.