Windscribe

Toronto based Windscribe VPN Holiday Deal + Xmas Short Film

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2021 7:35 am
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2006
1957 posts
707 upvotes
canucks90 wrote: Great service! Been using it for a couple of years now. Mostly to watch UK and US Netflix.

Has been solid and its proudly Canadian!
I have windscribe but i could never watch US Netflix. Is there any special trick other than signing on to the vpn?
Aug 16, 2018
38 posts
22 upvotes
jessicacha wrote: I have windscribe but i could never watch US Netflix. Is there any special trick other than signing on to the vpn?
You have to make sure you sign into the sever named "WINDFLIX US". Thats the only one that works with netflix.
Feb 8, 2010
401 posts
128 upvotes
Brampton
This is my first time using any Vpn.
[OP]
Nov 17, 2005
317 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto
jessicacha wrote: I have windscribe but i could never watch US Netflix. Is there any special trick other than signing on to the vpn?
Netflix should work in almost every Windscribe location, including all US and Canadian locations, WINDFLIX is no longer required. Be sure that you have "Unlock Streaming" switch toggled in My Account section of our website.
canucks90 wrote: You have to make sure you sign into the sever named "WINDFLIX US". Thats the only one that works with netflix.
That's not needed anymore. Netflix will work in all city locations in almost every country except for the more "exotic" ones.
Aug 16, 2018
38 posts
22 upvotes
yegorpb wrote: That's not needed anymore. Netflix will work in all city locations in almost every country except for the more "exotic" ones.
Good to know! You learn something new everyday! Thank you for useful info.
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
16409 posts
4161 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
comp_freak wrote: Any possibility to do 3 years deal promo at some new promo price? Our last deal will expire in a few months and would love to get on another 3 years term.
+1, I'd be down for that. Otherwise, I do have some lifetime VPN subscriptions..
[OP]
Nov 17, 2005
317 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto
BlazinTrini wrote: How is windscribe with HBO Max?
It works in these countries: Poland, Portugal, Hungary, US, Romania, Brazil and Serbia.
Sep 20, 2018
751 posts
962 upvotes
Montreal
comp_freak wrote: Any possibility to do 3 years deal promo at some new promo price? Our last deal will expire in a few months and would love to get on another 3 years term.
Very much would like this as well!
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
3606 posts
2465 upvotes
B.C.
Exactly the same for me. I'd love a three-year promo deal before our current deal runs out in a few months.
If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
2136 posts
1065 upvotes
I'm not sure how I feel about actually realizing windscribe being located on Toronto...

Say for torrenting, it just seems more streamlined legally for a intellectual property original owner (presumably in Canada) to request info from a Canadian VPN company for a Canadian ISP leading to the Canadian client. Whereas if the VPN company itself was based elsewhere, it just feels there's an extra step of legal complexity from the extraterrestrial boundary. I dunno, just my thoughts.

In similar argument, privacy wise, I'd actually feel more safe to use WeChat in Canada than say WhatsApp. As a private citizen, I'd rather let a foreign government to spoof on my life than my own govt. (Business trade secrets or other high value info is another story of coz; and likewise, use WhatsApp in China...err wait. I guess they banned it for exactly this reason, didn't they...) Again, just my worthless two cents.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2014
7233 posts
3426 upvotes
Canuckland
$30 USD per year is quite pricey
Sep 6, 2013
46 posts
33 upvotes
Toronto
Been using Windscribe for more than a year, nothing but good things to say about the service. Always up, always fast.
Apr 20, 2006
136 posts
106 upvotes
Is this a good option to use HBO Max?
Jun 26, 2005
247 posts
176 upvotes
I bought the 3yr deal from Stacksocial that ends in April 2021. Windscribe has been an excellent VPN for streaming and torrents but with my plan winding down and the chances of getting the same deal being very slim I checked out some of the other VPNs on Stacksocial.

KeepSolid Unlimted. Speeds are very good. Connection is solid. Only 5-6 torrent servers offering mediocre to good speeds. Paid $15 US for the lifetime plan. 5 devices.

FastestVPN. Speeds are good not great. Connection is fine. Netflix US works. Torrent servers are ok. Paid $12US for a lifetime plan. 5 devices.

After hearing about TopCashBack offering 50% cashback on NordVPN I created an account but found that the deal was down to 45%. While on the site I saw that SurfShark was 65% cashback so I grabbed that deal. 27 month deal. Speeds are fantastic. Streaming is great. Torrents are great. I can see why SurfShark is ranked up there along with Nord and Express.

I only have Netflix and Amazon Prime (which I never watch) so I can't comment on HBO, Disney or any other streaming services but there are plenty of reviews of VPNs on Techradar and other sites.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
4330 posts
3141 upvotes
yegorpb wrote: Unfortunately not. Staff salaries and server bills are a monthly expense. Any company that offers this type of plan permanently, will not itself exist permanently.
how many people work at windscribe, excluding you?
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2008
2234 posts
624 upvotes
Acton, Ontario
Would prefer 3 year deal, so i don't have to look it up yearly for new deal.

My subscription is still active till next year, I cannot extend it right now ?
Trying to buy additional year, but it says "You already have a subscription"
Mar 1, 2020
21 posts
32 upvotes
yegorpb wrote: ... namely the new Windows and Mac apps which support Wireguard, split tunneling, MAC address spoofing (no other VPN has this) and a whole lot more:...
Doing some research seems like these features are only available in a beta/client version (looking at the windows client). Any estimation on when these features would be implemented in a 'stable' release. The product sounds good and those features are attractive but i don't want to subscribe to something still in its testing phase.
Aug 5, 2011
675 posts
401 upvotes
This is a good VPN. Been using it for the last 3 years since receiving a DMCA notice, and have not received any since being a good person Winking Face

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)