Toronto based Windscribe VPN Holiday Deal + Xmas Short Film

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2021 7:35 am
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
3664 posts
2663 upvotes
toronto
yegorpb wrote: This deal is for 1 year of service, which is $29.99 USD. We're going to be adding CAD billing in 2021, sorry about the whole USD thing.

You can read our typically unusual holiday email that talks about other new things part of the service, namely the new Windows and Mac apps which support Wireguard, split tunneling, MAC address spoofing (no other VPN has this) and a whole lot more: https://windscribe.com/emails/2020_xmas.html

We also produced a holiday themed parody of A Christmas Carol, just for fun during these not very fun times. The feedback has been spectacular, so I invite you to watch it and have a giggle. There is some NSFW language thou.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.
how long is the sale on?
Got that ZOOMER account!
Apr 30, 2014
257 posts
116 upvotes
tigs wrote: HI there,

Can I configure a pfsense router?
I think I know why you did not get a response.

Had your question been "does Windscribe support OpenVPN client in pfsense", then the answer is, "yes, they do".

I use ports 1194 and 443. They claim to support other ports in case you need more.

Since the premium plan supports unlimited users, you can install more than one OpenVPN client in pfSense in addition to your other devices.
Nov 21, 2010
507 posts
320 upvotes
Surrey
yegorpb wrote: That could not be further from the truth. Canada has no data retention directives or laws that apply to VPNs. These laws exist for ISPs, and a VPN is not an ISP. Most people think that an "offshore based" VPN is somehow more secure/better. If that was true, trust me, we'd spring for a $1000 it costs to open a Panama offshore company. We didn't because it makes no difference. This false understanding is just perpetuated by VPN "review" sites that exist solely to promote NordVPN and Expressvpn which have the highest CPA rates in the VPN industry, and that's why you will find them ranked as "best" almost everywhere. As soon as you see a "best VPN" list without any affiliate links, you will find that these lists look entirely different in terms of who is "the best": https://www.wired.co.uk/article/best-vpn
Anecdotally, for me, I've generally noticed same performance, however, occasionally, I do notice tiny bit better performance on NordVPN than Windscribe. I am just using the official clients with default configurations on macOS Catalina, connecting from GVRD via Shaw (Fake Fibre; AKA Fibre to block cable to the house) / Telus (FTTH), to US-West based servers to bypass region locks on YouTube and/or Amazon. I've also noticed US Bend Oregon option getting detected as Florida for some reason. Not that it matters, I just need to be "in the US" for the content, but oddities do exist sometimes.
Oct 30, 2019
2 posts
yegorpb wrote: This deal is for 1 year of service, which is $29.99 USD. We're going to be adding CAD billing in 2021, sorry about the whole USD thing.

You can read our typically unusual holiday email that talks about other new things part of the service, namely the new Windows and Mac apps which support Wireguard, split tunneling, MAC address spoofing (no other VPN has this) and a whole lot more: https://windscribe.com/emails/2020_xmas.html

We also produced a holiday themed parody of A Christmas Carol, just for fun during these not very fun times. The feedback has been spectacular, so I invite you to watch it and have a giggle. There is some NSFW language thou.

I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Is it monthly $29?
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2005
2235 posts
1211 upvotes
Montreal
I got the lifetime deal two years ago. This VPN has serious issues and limitations:

1) The speeds for the closest location to me have decreased dramatically from 12ms to 40ms to 1000ms...
2) The apps are buggy and contain many broken features. The beta version is even worse- for example the option to sort locations by speed doesn't even work. Locations just appear randomly in the list. The chrome app doesn't allow you to turn off user agent rotation rotation for specific websites so Google Docs/Sheets/etc stops working properly, etc etc
3) They don't support L2TP for routers, so you are restricted to OpenVPN which only comes with the most expensive routers from Asus etc
Best Deals: Star Alliance Silver without even flying= FREE
Telus CAN/USA Unlimited, CID/VM/SMS 25gb $25/month
Electrolux 527 Washer $300
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
3273 posts
2034 upvotes
Toronto
Dhanushan wrote: I think WINDFLIX is no longer required.
This is correct. I don’t need to use the winflix anymore.
Aug 2, 2005
236 posts
36 upvotes
yegorpb wrote: Unfortunately not. Staff salaries and server bills are a monthly expense. Any company that offers this type of plan permanently, will not itself exist permanently.
Hi
I have KeepSolid VPN Unlimited since 2016 and I paid 20 US$ one time paiement for 5 devices. I’m very satisfied and support is very quick.
The company is still on the market.
LA

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)