• Dec 19th, 2020 7:27 pm
[OP]
Sep 26, 2007
602 posts
100 upvotes
Toronto

Wine recommendation

Hi there,
I need some help on wine recommendation..
Boss asked me today to buy some xmas gifts for our clients and I was thinking of getting some very nice wine but all LCBO is curb side pickup only.
Budget approx = $200 per gift.

I just received an email from AMEX about Charlie's Burgers New Wine shop package and I am wondering if anyone can give any recommendations on these wines.
Your text to link here...

Thanks.
3 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3439 posts
664 upvotes
Toronto
How many gifts do you need to purchase? Unless you have to buy a lot, LCBO is open, not just curbside pickup. I know, I was there yesterday - in Toronto.

I also got the e-mail about Charlie's Burgers Wine Shop but did not look at the site - I do not want to be on the search for porch pirates - and of course the wine I buy is just for home use - so not anywhere near $200 per gift.

I only drink red Italian wines with an XD rating, which also complicates things.
Dec 8, 2015
300 posts
150 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
Go with the Volcanic or Delight mix, something for everyone in that pkg. I dislike Italian wines, prefer French, absolutely love Chilean/Argentinian, but that's just my taste.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
3154 posts
799 upvotes
Vaughan
I don't have recommendations on the packages you have in your link. However, if its mutiple bottles for the gift.

I suggest masi amerone, and beringer knights valley cab sauv. Suggestions are in order of my preference.

If you want a few cheaper wines. Liberty school cab sauv, j lohr cab sauv, porcupine syrah. Again, in order of preference.

I'm not a white wine drinker, so no suggestions there.
For Sale

Nothing at the moment