759 posts
241 upvotes
Markham

Wings+Horn (Men's casual clothing) Sale

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Wings+Horn
Looks like there's a decent sale @ wings+horns website. Looks like upto 50%

Unfortunate they don't have the Tokyo pants in my size. But a very good selection of hoodies this time and multiple colors too.

https://shop.wingsandhorns.com/collections/sale

Yes it's pricier. But it is made in Vancouver Canada. For sure not for everyone.
42 replies
Mar 8, 2015
629 posts
2357 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Flannel shirts for $200 after discounts...no Thanks
Jul 4, 2012
282 posts
261 upvotes
$160 for made in China pants... no thanks.

Edit: Added images of two different pants clearly made in China. Added a $180 made in China vest for good measure lol. Poster below is grossly misinformed.
Images
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 2.46.51 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 2.42.49 AM.png
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-21 at 2.42.29 AM.png
Last edited by Sym000 on Dec 21st, 2020 2:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Apr 2, 2010
108 posts
122 upvotes
Edmonton
Sym000 wrote: $160 for made in China pants... no thanks.
Brutal post. Maybe do just a tiny amount of research before posting misinformation like this. You're not adding to the discussion on the thread and posting inaccurate info.

W+H is all made in Canada in non-sweatshop factories in the Vancouver area and pays all of its employees a proper wage. You may not agree with the pricing/style but this is what it costs to create a fashion brand, in Canada, using proper/ethical manufacturing processes.

You may not care where/how your clothes are made and that is on you, but for the people that do care this is an excellent sale on some very high-quality clothing that will outlast the fast-fashion clothing through many cycles.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9865 posts
4790 upvotes
Ad_Rock wrote: Brutal post. Maybe do just a tiny amount of research before posting misinformation like this. You're not adding to the discussion on the thread and posting inaccurate info.

W+H is all made in Canada in non-sweatshop factories in the Vancouver area and pays all of its employees a proper wage. You may not agree with the pricing/style but this is what it costs to create a fashion brand, in Canada, using proper/ethical manufacturing processes.

You may not care where/how your clothes are made and that is on you, but for the people that do care this is an excellent sale on some very high-quality clothing that will outlast the fast-fashion clothing through many cycles.
Some of the stuffs are made in Canada.

But for example Sym000 is referring these pants are made in china, if you click on details

https://shop.wingsandhorns.com/products ... pant-khaki
Telus $45 25GB
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1098 posts
439 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
I have one of their shawl collar cardigans, probably one of the most worn and highest quality pieces of clothing I own. That said I did buy it on a deep discount and wish I could afford to add more to my closet!
Beware the RFD Effect
Jul 4, 2012
282 posts
261 upvotes
Ad_Rock wrote: Brutal post. Maybe do just a tiny amount of research before posting misinformation like this. You're not adding to the discussion on the thread and posting inaccurate info.

How about you do a little research instead of being all high and mighty when you're clearly wrong. The website itself states they're made in CHINA.

W+H quality is mediocre at best. I still have some of their old tiger fleece hoodies (bought at deep discount years ago), but I use them for lounging around the house. They're nothing special at all, even the made in Canada pieces. If you did a bit of research you can find actual designer pieces for the same price as W+H's made in China crap, but enjoy your "sale".
Images
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-20 at 3.05.14 PM.png
Jun 9, 2019
385 posts
463 upvotes

I have some of their clothing and, don't get me wrong, while it is very high quality, I do wonder how much of a mark-up there still is. 50% off makes the price palatable and it's a pretty good sale, but I wouldn't personally say this is a high-value brand.

That goes to Banana Republic when you stack their seasonal steep sales, email codes, discounted gift cards, and Rakuten. Their mainline clothing is great quality for the price and they've been making more of a shift towards eco-friendly business practices. They have fashion-stable clothing choices that will also outlast the short-lived trends.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2004
1113 posts
95 upvotes
Oomani wrote: That goes to Banana Republic when you stack their seasonal steep sales, email codes, discounted gift cards, and Rakuten. Their mainline clothing is great quality for the price and they've been making more of a shift towards eco-friendly business practices. They have fashion-stable clothing choices that will also outlast the short-lived trends.
It's weird the say Wings and Horns in the same post as Banana Republic. Just feels so wrong... Eco friendly for most businesses is just a marketing ploy. Just try to buy better and buy less. And yeah make your choice which brand do support.

Wings and Horns is entry off of the branding/designer wagon. Just the entry. There are many more high end basics brands after them.
Dec 20, 2018
305 posts
452 upvotes
Spyder187 wrote: It's weird the say Wings and Horns in the same post as Banana Republic. Just feels so wrong... Eco friendly for most businesses is just a marketing ploy. Just try to buy better and buy less. And yeah make your choice which brand do support.

Wings and Horns is entry off of the branding/designer wagon. Just the entry. There are many more high end basics brands after them.
WWF says 1 kilogram of cotton needs 20,000 litres of water. I concur that these marketing things are aimed at reducing consumer guilt. Similar to corporate social responsibility (marketing) or ESG which will turn out to be a shell of what it should be, but will end up being marketing.
Sep 21, 2013
6 posts
Sym000 wrote: How about you do a little research instead of being all high and mighty when you're clearly wrong. The website itself states they're made in CHINA.

W+H quality is mediocre at best. I still have some of their old tiger fleece hoodies (bought at deep discount years ago), but I use them for lounging around the house. They're nothing special at all, even the made in Canada pieces. If you did a bit of research you can find actual designer pieces for the same price as W+H's made in China crap, but enjoy your "sale".
Sadly most brands as they get bigger start losing what made them special. Outsourcing for cheap labour, while increasing their prices a crazy amount.
Apr 2, 2010
108 posts
122 upvotes
Edmonton
Sym000 wrote: How about you do a little research instead of being all high and mighty when you're clearly wrong. The website itself states they're made in CHINA.

I guess you managed to find the single item on their entire site that is made in China, which I wasn't aware of so I will own that. Everything else they make (and have always made) is made in Canada. Just look at every other pair of pants (or clothing) on the site...

I have done LOTS of research and have been buying W+H/RC for a long time. They work with other local companies/artists and have done a lot to elevate the Canadian fashion market and have created an excellent manufacturing hub/skillset in Canada similar to Arc'Teryx (which is now starting to move some of its manufacturing to China due to a lack of skilled workers in the Vancouver area). I have heard rumors that Haven uses SYC corp to produce its clothing line as well (along with Supreme) but I am not interested in getting into an argument about which brand is actually "designer". I prefer buying clothes that I know are ethically made and the inherent mark-up on these items is at least partially related to their production methods and not some misguided notion of an item being "designer".
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2006
1098 posts
439 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
Lets be honest here folks — unless you're posting 85% off GAP/Old Navy deals or price error Adidas Ultra Boosts, the majority of RFD is going to downvote the thread to oblivion. Sadly having a shred of fashion sense isn't a prerequisite to starting an account here Face With Tears Of Joy
Beware the RFD Effect
Jul 4, 2012
282 posts
261 upvotes
Ad_Rock wrote: I guess you managed to find the single item on their entire site that is made in China, which I wasn't aware of so I will own that. Everything else they make (and have always made) is made in Canada. Just look at every other pair of pants (or clothing) on the site...

I have done LOTS of research and have been buying W+H/RC for a long time. They work with other local companies/artists and have done a lot to elevate the Canadian fashion market and have created an excellent manufacturing hub/skillset in Canada similar to Arc'Teryx (which is now starting to move some of its manufacturing to China due to a lack of skilled workers in the Vancouver area). I have heard rumors that Haven uses SYC corp to produce its clothing line as well (along with Supreme) but I am not interested in getting into an argument about which brand is actually "designer". I prefer buying clothes that I know are ethically made and the inherent mark-up on these items is at least partially related to their production methods and not some misguided notion of an item being "designer".
The single item? There are two DIFFERENT items posted in this thread alone not made in Canada. I know for a fact there are a lot more. Stop spreading misinformation.

Arc'teryx is just starting to move to China? Again, NO. They've pretty much moved most of their manufacturing to China for over 10 years now, except their Veilance line. Get off your high horse and stop spreading delusional, holier than thou rhetoric. If you want to be a snob actually research the brands you buy.
Jul 27, 2015
83 posts
25 upvotes
Lower Mainland
Thanks. Been meaning to get some of their items for a while now. Too bad their return policy is so strict, not completely sure how their sizing is compared to RC. If I wear a L in RC how does that compare to the large in W+H? Anyone with experience ? Thanks again!
Dec 4, 2020
3 posts
1 upvote
Ad_Rock wrote: I guess you managed to find the single item on their entire site that is made in China, which I wasn't aware of so I will own that. Everything else they make (and have always made) is made in Canada. Just look at every other pair of pants (or clothing) on the site...

I think you mean CYC Design Corp and from what I've read, they don't supply to Supreme anymore. All the W+H/RC I own, I bought during the warehouse sale. Discounts are better, styles are similar or of the same variation. I copped the Moscot x W+H collab glasses for $90 during the last sale. Crazy to see them on the site for $182 "on sale." Majority of the clothing is made locally but like every other brand that gains attention, eventually they begin to outsource here and there. That's just how it goes.
Nov 5, 2019
176 posts
237 upvotes
kooda123 wrote: Thanks. Been meaning to get some of their items for a while now. Too bad their return policy is so strict, not completely sure how their sizing is compared to RC. If I wear a L in RC how does that compare to the large in W+H? Anyone with experience ? Thanks again!
WH tends to fit smaller in the shoulders but about the same in the body.
Nov 2, 2004
536 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver
What's up with people shitting on threads when it comes to more expensive clothing? If the prices are lower than regular price then that's a pretty good deal and if you're not into the clothing then just move on.
Dec 20, 2015
155 posts
58 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Decent sale! I have a few pieces (all made in Canada) and they're very comfortable and high quality. Their hoodies are very well made and even though they're not branded, you can tell they're nice/high quality (this is coming from somebody who barely shops and does not care much about fashion whatsoever)