358 upvotes
Toronto

50% off Wings + Horns 1x1 Slub clothing items

Deal Link:
Savings:
50% off
Retailer:
Wings + Horns
Wings and Horns having a sale of select items in their collection. Decent sale on their items made in Canada with good selection of size and colour atm.

Shipping is $10 in Canada
Free shipping over $200
39 replies
May 22, 2009
317 posts
205 upvotes
Canada
$90 for a t-shirt on sale for $45. I could not for the life of me see myself buying a tshirt for $45 half off or not.
Reminder: Epic gives away free games every week. Humble Choice is horrible, I miss the old weekly humble bundles :(
May 22, 2014
243 posts
137 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
this brand is sold at nordstrom i believe, should be pretty good quality. picking up a few to try.

thanks OP
Apr 10, 2004
420 posts
36 upvotes
Victoria
Dealsniffer wrote: how is the fit?
Fit's true to size, they have sizing charts and measurements for each item and they're accurate. I have a couple dozen items from them, ranging from long/short sleeve tops, button downs, sweaters, hoodies, outerwear, pants.
Dec 26, 2012
143 posts
147 upvotes
TORONTO
great prices. This is a solid Canadian company with their items made in Canada. I believe they're the sister company to Reigning Champ
Sep 30, 2001
28129 posts
7173 upvotes
Toronto
board123 wrote: What is a slub?
"A slubbed fabric is created with slight knots and knobbles, which can be seen as thicker, raised threads on the fabric surface. These 'imperfections' are either a characteristic of the yarn (particularly natural fibres), or created purposely with the intention of giving the fabric an organic, tactile look and feel."
We're all in this together. Be kind and civil with one another
Apr 27, 2010
204 posts
122 upvotes
Toronto
Wings and horns is a legit Canadian brand. I never buy uniqlo, gap, h&m basic crap anymore.

Size up. 5'10 165lbs athletic build, I wear large.
Nov 13, 2006
956 posts
307 upvotes
Metro Vancouver
W+H is legit. I have a cardigan and it's definitely one of the favourite things in my closet. Company has a cool backstory too.
Beware the RFD Effect
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
4453 posts
1196 upvotes
pwned.u wrote: $90 for a t-shirt on sale for $45. I could not for the life of me see myself buying a tshirt for $45 half off or not.
More expensive T-shirts tend to last longer than cheaper ones.

Are you buying $5 T-shirts?
May 22, 2009
317 posts
205 upvotes
Canada
Balduno wrote: More expensive T-shirts tend to last longer than cheaper ones.

Are you buying $5 T-shirts?
More expensive T shirts last longer? You know that rappers and pop singers have their own clothing lines and sell t shirts in the hundreds of dollars. Also how many studies are out there that compare the longevity of less expensive vs more expensive t shirts? The high cost of clothing is mostly due to branding.

Heres one for $450 https://www.ssense.com/en-ca/men/produc ... rt/3859381
that should last you a lifetime.

If I bought $5 t shirts would that make you happy? Would that also prove that hundred dollar shirt would lasts longer? If I bought $3 t shirts I'd be bragging about it due to a price error from a major sporting brand......
Reminder: Epic gives away free games every week. Humble Choice is horrible, I miss the old weekly humble bundles :(
Jun 9, 2019
109 posts
152 upvotes
pwned.u wrote: Heres one for $450 https://www.ssense.com/en-ca/men/produc ... rt/3859381

If I bought $5 t shirts would that make you happy? Would that also prove that hundred dollar shirt would lasts longer? If I bought $3 t shirts I'd be bragging about it due to a price error from a major sporting brand......

Expensive doesn't always equal quality, but with W&H it does. $45 isn't a lot for a high quality shirt, it's 2020 and even an absolute garbage H&M shirt will cost you $20 and last only months.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
4453 posts
1196 upvotes
pwned.u wrote: More expensive T shirts last longer? You know that rappers and pop singers have their own clothing lines and sell t shirts in the hundreds of dollars. Also how many studies are out there that compare the longevity of less expensive vs more expensive t shirts? The high cost of clothing is mostly due to branding.

Heres one for $450 https://www.ssense.com/en-ca/men/produc ... rt/3859381

I’m basing this on my own experiences.

I don’t really give a **** about clothing from rappers and pop singers. Their stuff is trash, and they don’t use quality ingredients. Their shit breaks down easily. They are often Gildan blanks/bases which get screen printed on.

I have tshirts from different brands that are in the $20-$30 range (on sale, clearance), and many of these have lasted me for over 10 years with minimal cracking/peeling, stretching, fading, etc.

So you are saying that less expensive clothing brands use the same type of fabrics and materials as more expensive brands?

I’m not someone who wears off white. For people who can afford it, good for them.

I’ve bought $5 tshirts before, and they’re just not as good as more expensive shirts. The quality of the fabric in a $5 tshirt is usually not as good as a $20, $30, $40 tshirt. $5 tshirts stretch and fade quicker than more expensive shirts. If there are graphics/screen print, they tend to fade more quickly. And for a $5 tshirt, there’s unlikely be to be any embroidery. Embroidery tends to last longer than any screen print. $5 tshirts are generally disposable, like the ones you find at H+M and those kinds of retailers.

There’s a price to pay for quality.