[Winners] Toronto Maple Leafs Official Auston Matthews Jersey $79.99 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2020 2:41 pm
[OP]
Jul 20, 2006
342 posts
17 upvotes

[Winners] Toronto Maple Leafs Official Auston Matthews Jersey $79.99 YMMV

Was just at Winners at Yonge and Eglinton and saw 5x Auston Matthews, white jerseys in various sizes for $79.99. They are made by Fanatics. I didn't take any pics unfortunately and didn't buy one because I just bought a knockoff on DHgate.

https://www.lids.ca/nhl-toronto-maple-l ... -r2c2:po-8
8 replies
Sep 30, 2015
585 posts
841 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
If they are Fanatics they aren't really official jerseys
Sep 15, 2019
96 posts
224 upvotes
orleans
King31 wrote: If they are Fanatics they aren't really official jerseys
This is not true.

Fanatics are officially licensed jerseys. They've gone in the direction of making them lighter and more form fitting.

They are similar in quality to the old Reebok Premier jerseys. Meaning, not that great. That doesn't mean they aren't "officially jerseys". Replica jersey have been low quality since Reebok retired the CCM 550 style design and brought in the Reebok Premier line.

The entire point of the Reebok Premier line was to make a worse jersey because they felt the replica jerseys were too close in quality to the more expensive on ice authentic jerseys. Ironically, the distribution for the Edge 1.0 jerseys was terrible. Most fans didn't have the option to buy the better jersey.

Fanatics jersey are similar in quality to Reebok Premier jerseys. They are just lighter, and more form fitting.
I will tell my grandchildren about the deal I got on an HP Touchpad at the Bank street staples thanks to rfding.
Jun 21, 2017
288 posts
580 upvotes
Glad it's at Winners because I can't stand Fanatics. They're like a Used Car salesman fused with Walmart version of a sports store.

Swallowed up Jays Shop RIP.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
1328 posts
2508 upvotes
pierrefrom0rleans wrote: This is not true.

Fanatics are officially licensed jerseys. They've gone in the direction of making them lighter and more form fitting.

They are similar in quality to the old Reebok Premier jerseys. Meaning, not that great. That doesn't mean they aren't "officially jerseys". Replica jersey have been low quality since Reebok retired the CCM 550 style design and brought in the Reebok Premier line.

The entire point of the Reebok Premier line was to make a worse jersey because they felt the replica jerseys were too close in quality to the more expensive on ice authentic jerseys. Ironically, the distribution for the Edge 1.0 jerseys was terrible. Most fans didn't have the option to buy the better jersey.

Fanatics jersey are similar in quality to Reebok Premier jerseys. They are just lighter, and more form fitting.
https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-announces- ... f%20Hockey.

If the jerseys aren't made by Adidas which is the official sponsor then technically it wouldn't be considered an official jersey.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2015
3363 posts
3317 upvotes
Alberta
Officially licensed, yes. Authentic player jersey, no.
Sep 18, 2017
251 posts
170 upvotes
GVRD
Personally the new authentic Adidas jerseys and all its seat wicking technology scares me in that if it gets caught on something it will run quicker than Sylvester the cats fur.
Sep 15, 2019
96 posts
224 upvotes
orleans
jetertmac wrote: https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-announces- ... f%20Hockey.

If the jerseys aren't made by Adidas which is the official sponsor then technically it wouldn't be considered an official jersey.
I mean this as nicely as possible, you have no idea what you're talking about.

The holder of the official license for replica jerseys is Fanatics.

The holder of the official license for authentic jerseys is Adidas.

With that in mind, Adidas authentic jerseys are only authentic in name, they aren't the same as what is used on the ice. This isn't the first time jerseys were sold as authentic, but were not exactly the same as the on ice models. Starter used to sell jerseys like that in the 90's as well.

I could go on and on, but in short, you're wrong. Whether you have a negative opinion about the quality of the jersey, or the build of it, sure. But you're misleading people with what you're saying.
I will tell my grandchildren about the deal I got on an HP Touchpad at the Bank street staples thanks to rfding.
May 26, 2020
117 posts
341 upvotes
MintMentos wrote: Personally the new authentic Adidas jerseys and all its seat wicking technology scares me in that if it gets caught on something it will run quicker than Sylvester the cats fur.
The newest authentic NHL jersey is the most well-made sports jersey I've ever owned, and it's not even close.

For someone who sweats as much as I do, I've only had to wash it once after going to a number of games. No one sits next to me, but that's their choice.