• Last Updated:
  • Dec 6th, 2016 11:07 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
2156 posts
692 upvotes

Winter steelies and seat/floor vibration - proposed solutions

So I've brand new hub centric steelies installed, and they have been road force balanced twice. However, I am still feeling vibrations/shakiness from the seats and the floor during highway speeds. So..

1. It's the REAR steelies that are giving me issues correct? I'm under the impression that front steelies = steering wheel vibration, rear - floor/seat vibration?

2. Will getting a pair of FACTORY steelies solve the issue? Anyone have FACTORY steelies that can share your experience?

3. Anyone knows approx how much does a factory steelie cost with installation?

Thanks!
1 reply
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
12843 posts
4459 upvotes
Ontario
It could be a bad tire also. The belts inside could of shifted especially if its been road force balanced twice already. Unless you want to try another shop.

malecoke wrote: So I've brand new hub centric steelies installed, and they have been road force balanced twice. However, I am still feeling vibrations/shakiness from the seats and the floor during highway speeds. So..

1. It's the REAR steelies that are giving me issues correct? I'm under the impression that front steelies = steering wheel vibration, rear - floor/seat vibration?

2. Will getting a pair of FACTORY steelies solve the issue? Anyone have FACTORY steelies that can share your experience?

3. Anyone knows approx how much does a factory steelie cost with installation?

Thanks!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)