• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2021 11:31 pm
[OP]
Jul 23, 2013
28 posts
3 upvotes
toronto

Winter Tennis Courts

I'll be moving to Stouffville soon and I was looking at different options for Winter tennis. A bit of research tells me there are a few in Scarborough and Newmarket/Aurora. I was wondering if anybody had experience with these courts in terms of price/availability of court time/social events/level of players/leagues etc... to help me decide which one to go to.

And if there is one that is no more than 15 min away from Stouffville that I haven't found yet that would be great!
3 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
3402 posts
2822 upvotes
Markham
karashi53 wrote: I'll be moving to Stouffville soon and I was looking at different options for Winter tennis. A bit of research tells me there are a few in Scarborough and Newmarket/Aurora. I was wondering if anybody had experience with these courts in terms of price/availability of court time/social events/level of players/leagues etc... to help me decide which one to go to.

And if there is one that is no more than 15 min away from Stouffville that I haven't found yet that would be great!
Not sure if it’ll meet your 15 minute criteria but there are indoor courts next to Angus Glen CC on Major Mac. You can maybe look at the Markham website for the info you’re looking for.

Freedom Mobile $40/20GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Expert
Oct 23, 2008
16929 posts
14516 upvotes
GTA, ON
HDawg wrote: Not sure if it’ll meet your 15 minute criteria but there are indoor courts next to Angus Glen CC on Major Mac. You can maybe look at the Markham website for the info you’re looking for.
I was going suggest this but it's a city (Markham) recreation centre and OP is implying they are a resident of Stouffville, so not sure of ease of access.

There are private tennis clubs with indoor courts, but is OP willing to pay a membership.
Tis banana is IRIE 😎

10% off is cold, 50% off is warm, 75% off is hot, but FREE IS RFD!
[OP]
Jul 23, 2013
28 posts
3 upvotes
toronto
chimaican wrote: I was going suggest this but it's a city (Markham) recreation centre and OP is implying they are a resident of Stouffville, so not sure of ease of access.

There are private tennis clubs with indoor courts, but is OP willing to pay a membership.
I don't mind driving, and I don't mind paying a membership. Sadly winter tennis is quite expensive but I enjoy it enough that I'm willing to spend money on it. I would like to obviously go to the cheapest place I can, but there are still a lot of factors involved such as ease of access to court time, socials to meet new players (my regular hitting partners will sadly not come up to Stouffville with me), level of players (playing with noobs isn't a very good workout, or satisfying) etc.

I'll take a look at Angus Glen! Thanks HDawg!